A couple questions

jrjones

Inspired
On the DC30 model is it channel one only? If there's channel 2 does it have the six-position tone wheel?

Also, how much can I put in a preset? Could I get in a compressor, drive (with XY), amp, delay (XY), and reverb (XY)? Or would that be more than it could keep up with?

1) No EF86 channel on the DC30 model yet
2) Yes, that's a workable configuration (with a cab block, even :p ). Even with AX8 Edit running you should still be below 85%. You can save a bit of CPU by reducing quality, echo density or both in the reverb block. I run mine at high quality with echo density at 3 and that leaves plenty of headroom.

Last edited:
1) No EF86 channel on the DC30 model yet
2) That's a very workable configuration (with a cab block, even :p ). Even with AX8 Edit running you should still be below 85%. You can save a bit of CPU by reducing quality, echo density or both in the reverb block. I run mine at high quality with echo density at 3 and that leaves plenty of headroom.

Think an ef86 channel is in the works? I'm looking at this as a quick grab and go for when I don't want to lug around my matchless and pedals. I live on the ef86 channel.

Imorob_driver has got it; if you're running out of CPU, the reverb block can be adjusted to give you a little bit back. Reduce echo density or change from high to normal quality (I do the latter). That will give you some more CPU.

But the effects you listed above should be well within the CPU limits.

Also, IIRC it should not matter if you use XY-states or not. It will not effect the CPU usage. The CPU only "sees" the active XY-state. So if you have the amp block on the X-state, the CPU does not see the Y-state. When you switch from X to Y, the CPU will also change according to whatever the Y-state needs.

One thing I saw today that has me really interested is that the ax8 has the Xotic trio (RC, AC, BB), which those with a DC30 are my bread and butter sounds.

Awesome. Do you think it would be a huge ordeal to add a second drive block to that?
Shouldn't be a problem to add another drive block and still be below 85%. Again, if you are closing in on 90%, just adjust the reverb block;) With two drive blocks, both with XY-states, that gives you 4 drive pedals ready for action within a preset:)

A normal preset for me has a compressor block, EQ block (for a mid and level boost before the amp), drive block, amp block, cab block, chorus block, two volume blocks, delay block and reverb block. And I'm still under 85%. Mind you, this is with reverb quality at normal.

You can change the preamp tube type to EF86 in the amp block. Whether that is all that's needed to simulate the EF86 channel in the DC30 model is another story.

Back
Top Bottom