AX8 V8.00 Public Beta

Took Q8 Beta for a spin at practice last night and sounded great to me. Did not however reset my amp blocks.

I see that 8.01 is out now for the AxeFX II.

Goodbye FW 8.00b. We hardly knew you.

Sounds Like we should wait for the updated 8.01 to fix:

Fixed minor bug in Amp block output transformer modeling which caused slight attenuation of upper treble frequencies. This results in clearer, more chimey tones.

Please stop this madness!! I cannot have daily orgasms!!!;)

just kiddin, thank you very much FAS people, it´s incredible the way you treat us to make this product better day by day.

I experienced a temporary volume drop at a gig on Sunday. All my levels were spot on and then during one of our last songs my volume got so quiet that I couldn't hear myself. I compensated by turning OUT1 volume way up and I still could only barely hear myself. Then, right before the song ended the volume came back and I blew everyone out I was so loud. I completed two more songs with no issues. I assumed it was a bad cable. Still haven't checked the cables yet. Will do so tonight and see what I find.

You aren't playing through an Atomic CLR Neo by any chance are you? I had the same thing happen to me once with a CLR. It was fine after I power cycled it. I still use the CLR because it sounds great and the issue only occurred once in many many hours of play. Still, it happened at a bad time.

You aren't playing through an Atomic CLR Neo by any chance are you? I had the same thing happen to me once with a CLR. It was fine after I power cycled it. I still use the CLR because it sounds great and the issue only occurred once in many many hours of play. Still, it happened at a bad time.

Nope, I am using a newer JBL EON610. It's not the monitor because I FOH audio just fine in the monitor. The EON610 has two XLR ins. I use one for monitoring my AX8, the other input has the FOH monitor mix. The only volume loss was the AX8. I never lost volume on the FOH mix.

I think that it's a cable, likely my George L guitar cable. I can't find my cable tester so I'm going to re-seat the connectors on the George L and then give it a good workout during practice this week. If I get another dropout then I'll look for other sources, but I bet that's it. I've had this cable for years and I've had this happen before. I think that I jumped to a conclusion that it might have been my upgrade to Q8 because of the timing. But no one else has reported this type of problem so I'm betting on the cable.

Finally got a chance to go through all my gigging presets and soft reset all the amp blocks. Sounds great. Bring on Q8.01! :p

Just a little question (excuse me if this is an estupid question, I'm new with AX8):
Why do I need to reset the amp blocks after a Firmware update?
What should happened with the settings on each amp block, I mean if I changed the settings of the amp block and my preset have personalized amp block settings, the reset will cause that all that changes will lost.
Thanks.

Just a little question (excuse me if this is an estupid question, I'm new with AX8):
Why do I need to reset the amp blocks after a Firmware update?
What should happened with the settings on each amp block, I mean if I changed the settings of the amp block and my preset have personalized amp block settings, the reset will cause that all that changes will lost.
Thanks.
Some of the changes made to the modeling may sound fine with previous firmware but not the latest. If you load the new firmware and you are happy without resetting the amps then all is good. If something does not sound right, then try resetting to see if it helps. It is a suggestion, not a rule.

Some of the changes made to the modeling may sound fine with previous firmware but not the latest. If you load the new firmware and you are happy without resetting the amps then all is good. If something does not sound right, then try resetting to see if it helps. It is a suggestion, not a rule.
Understood, thank you very much!!!
By the way ...
FAS RULES!!!

Whenever you load an amp block, it always adopts the settings from the last amp block, you used/edited. I would probably also do a 'hard reset', if I remember to.

Is this just with in a previously created preset,.. or globally when creating a new patch?.... Like if I'm creating a new patch and open up the Dirty Shirley amp in the amp block,.. it'll use the settings from when ever the last time I used that amp in another block or preset? (Just curious)

Coming from a fairly new user of FAS gear,.. I find the whole Soft/Hard reset a bit confusing - I hear a lot of statements saying thing like "if it sounds weird, reset/reload it" ... But in theory, when you incorporate the new firmware version everything should change on it's own with out re-loading anything unless specifically directed to in the release notes (Correct?)

Sorry,.. I know most you guys are sick of going over this stuff at every new release,...

Thanks
Rick

Is this just with in a previously created preset,.. or globally when creating a new patch?.... Like if I'm creating a new patch and open up the Dirty Shirley amp in the amp block,.. it'll use the settings from when ever the last time I used that amp in another block or preset? (Just curious)

Coming from a fairly new user of FAS gear,.. I find the whole Soft/Hard reset a bit confusing - I hear a lot of statements saying thing like "if it sounds weird, reset/reload it" ... But in theory, when you incorporate the new firmware version everything should change on it's own with out re-loading anything unless specifically directed to in the release notes (Correct?)

Sorry,.. I know most you guys are sick of going over this stuff at every new release,...

Thanks
Rick
every preset sort of "remembers" the last settings of blocks within that particular preset slot.

so if you've set Dirty Shirley last in preset 5, when you go to preset 10, delete everything, then add an amp block, it won't necessarily load the Dirty Shirley amp, but whatever preset 10 last used.

that is why people typically "hard reset" the blocks, just to get to a blank slate.

...I n theory, when you incorporate the new firmware version everything should change on it's own with out re-loading anything unless specifically directed to in the release notes (Correct?)
New firmware only changes how the amps are modeled. Resetting the Amp changes the default values for that particular amp.

For example, let's say a new firmware release changes the way output transformers are modeled, to make them sound more realistic. With the new modeling, the output transformer of a given amp may need a different value of Saturation to be accurate to the actual amp it came from. Resetting the Amp loads in that new default value, even if you changed it previously. You might like it better at way, or you might not. That's why you have the option to reset the amp or not.

New firmware only changes how the amps are modeled. Resetting the Amp changes the default values for that particular amp.

For example, let's say a new firmware release changes the way output transformers are modeled, to make them sound more realistic. With the new modeling, the output transformer of a given amp may need a different value of Saturation to be accurate to the actual amp it came from. Resetting the Amp loads in that new default value, even if you changed it previously. You might like it better at way, or you might not. That's why you have the option to reset the amp or not.

CSV of important presets are a must for me. Wish I had done this before. I will always do this from now on. Makes it easy to see what changed. Like the dynamics tab\output compressor bottom left, I mentioned a few times. Most of mine are output\2.50\-30\6.5 to 10. The default in 7 & 8 (and maybe earlier ones for all I know)is output\zero\-60\zero. Definitely makes difference. I am re-ording the rows in the csv files in excel to match the order in axe edit so I can easily zip thru to see what changed. Helps me understand better what is happening and where.

I just updated and I started getting CPU limit scratching noises on a couple of presets that was sitting at about 83-84%. I went back to 7.0.2b and it was fine. Maybe I just need to re-apply the beta 8?

Reloaded beta 8 yesterday and had a bit of a play yesterday and today and the previous issues I had are all gone so something must have happened with the previous firmware update. Very happy camper again :)

Putting in overtime offerings to the firmware gods today. A friend is in town from Australia tomorrow and I'd love to have 8.01 beta and new presets to showcase the unit.

Putting in overtime offerings to the firmware gods today. A friend is in town from Australia tomorrow and I'd love to have 8.01 beta and new presets to showcase the unit.

I have 8 beta installed and love it. I have 8 on my AxeII and love it. I tried 8.01 and it could be me but I didn't like it as much, sounds like it has hints of 7.02 that I didn't like. Could be just my mind tripping though. Cliff will say nothing changed and I'll be thinking it's in my head for sure.

Back
Top Bottom