Carvin Legacy 3 and midi switching

Ricc

Hi everyone,

greetings from the rainy Mid-west! So here is my question. I picked up a Carvin Legacy III and am trying to work out the MIDI aspects of channel switching. Well, I have the channels figured out but I'm curious how to work in the boost. According to the manual it is CC# 84 (for the boost). The channels are #81 for 1 #82 for 2 and #83 for 3.

How do I get #84 to be footswitchable? Will it be by assigning it to an F switch?

yea, i understand what you're saying. I suppose really there isn't much reason to use the boost function on the amp since I'm using 4CM anyway. I was just curious.
suppose i have scene 1 set up for channel 2, mid gain on amp. I'd like to switch the boost on for solo without using another FX block. that's where switching the boost effect on via midi would be useful.

suppose i have scene 1 set up for channel 2, mid gain on amp. I'd like to switch the boost on for solo without using another FX block. that's where switching the boost effect on via midi would be useful.
If you don't want to use an FX block, you need to use scenes to do MIDI switching. If you're OK with using a MIDI block, then you don't need scenes to do MIDI switching.

I assign the MIDI Program Change numbers with my MESA JP-2C. In Config, scroll down to PC# and the scroll to your #81, #82, #83, or #84. Scrolling through all of program change numbers should show you all of the various combinations of amp features assignable per preset. The JP-2C has numbers of options scrolling through PC# 1-127 (some are repeats). All can be customized via the amp. I would think the Legacy III is similar to setup. You could then assign one of the 1-8 switches to trigger the boost. I don't think you'd use an F switch. You would probably want to utilize a MIDI block.

Back
Top Bottom