Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Firmware Release

There's not a lot of comments happening right now. That's good sign, everyone is smiling from ear to ear and loving It! Great job Cliff!

Key-words: CLARITY & STRINGS DEFINITION (alone and in the mix)
Benefits: ORIGINAL/NATURAL GUITAR/INSTRUMENT TONE, MORE CLEAR AMP MODEL PERSONALITY, BETTER FX IMPACT AND CHARACTER (drive, chorus, phaser, vibe, wha)
Surprise: STRATOCASTER + FENDER AMPS just WoW!

Can't put down the guitar!

What went wrong with the Brit Brown? I cannot be bothered to roll back and test it, but it's a helluva rocker now!
Yeah. I always wondered if it had been a little lower in the drive department than what MR VH had been working with. Its very hard to know I'm sure, but its very cool that Cliff did this cuz attempts at matching this amp have always been a special case for me in terms of interest, and wished for musical journeys. I look forward to spending an extra amount of time with her, without pissing any other amps or women off of course.

Once again Cliff and Staff... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... It sounds amazing!!! The 800 #34 is mind-blowing! My USA Pre and MKs are crunchy as hell, and Im loving the 5153 as well... love them all!

You guys know how lucky you ffrickin are with Cliff and Fractal support? Cliff, thanks, your legacy, I see
a guitarist and engineer wide honor to you coming. I'll raise the biggest toast!!
I'm not spoiled...I'm not

Improved amp modeling. Improves clarity and sounds more “open” especially for non-MV amp models or when the MV is turned up.

The bias excursion values for most amp models have been updated based on new measurement techniques. Existing presets will automatically be updated to the new values.

Based on user feedback the Amp block Speaker Drive now defaults to zero.

Cab block Delay parameters now have 0.001 ms resolution.

Increased gain of “Brit Brown” model by 12 dB.

Added “5F1 Tweed EC” based on a Fender Eric Clapton Vibro-Champ.

Fixed “quantization” noise when Amp block Transformer Drive parameter is set to its minimum value and a lot of gain is applied after the block. This specifically addresses the “Tube Pre” model as the default Transformer Drive is at the minimum.

Fixed Amp block Preamp Hardness parameter not “sticking”.

Fixed incorrect Modifier mapping in Advanced page of Amp block.
The 5F1 Tweed EC does not show up with the EC in the title??, Is there something I'm missing? I'm using an AxeFX 2 MkII

Great update ! Sounds amazing

I did notice something weird with the Friedman SM. Sometimes when i stop playing there´s a kind of low frequency feedback going on.
It stops when I start playing again. And it doesn´t happen all the time. It´s not the guitar because it still there when i roll of the volume.

I hadn't given the Scout amp much attention but today I just realized it sounds amazing. So good at that is it clean or is it overdriven tone.

Back
Top Bottom