Axe-edit connection problems

For the first time ever in over 3 years of axe-edit use, I am also currently unable to connect to Axeedit or Fractalbot(latest versions)on Macbook Pro (and I think this is crucial)OS X 10.11.4, which I just updated to. I tried reinstalling drivers, different USB ports and cables, reinstalling Axedit, etc. This has been an ongoing issue, now that i have had to do some research, with recent iterations of El Capitan and various USB audio devices, 10.11.4 was supposed to be the panacea for these problems, but it apparently is not........:(:(r

Damn dude! This sucks! Lately I've been turning on my axe then open my axe edit, turn of the axe edit then turn of the axe. Turn everything back up again.. And it works.. Well.. For the most part lol

For the first time ever in over 3 years of axe-edit use, I am also currently unable to connect to Axeedit or Fractalbot(latest versions)on Macbook Pro (and I think this is crucial)OS X 10.11.4, which I just updated to. I tried reinstalling drivers, different USB ports and cables, reinstalling Axedit, etc. This has been an ongoing issue, now that i have had to do some research, with recent iterations of El Capitan and various USB audio devices, 10.11.4 was supposed to be the panacea for these problems, but it apparently is not........:(:(r

UPDATE: I was able to connect with no problem (XL) on a different Macbook air with 10.11.3 and same setup..It strengthens my suspicions about 10.11.4...Anybody else experience this situation?

No word as yet from g66.eu support. Bradlake, Oriel, just remember the same issue is happening with Windows which suggests it's an Axe-FX firmware issue ratehr than the operating system!

Thanks for the update bro, last night I literally wanted to through my axe on the floor after 2 hours of trying to make it work

Patience, my brother - I'm equally frustrated being a brand new Axe-FXII XL+ user seduced partly by promises of easy editing. I'm used to a Boss GT-PRO with an excellent software editing package...

Now sorted. Like an idiot, I didn't realise that a USB driver was needed before installing Axe Edit. I had to install the driver then uninstall and reinstall Axe Edit. This is in Win 7 Pro - I'm yet to try it with the Mac. I'm now on the bottom of the steep learning curve!!! With thanks to Jochen at G66-support.

Yes, I'm actually here because I'm on my last nerve aswell. (and on Win10)
I've been updating to 7.02 and Axe-Edit 3.14.0.
I had not been using Axe edit for a while so I can't know for sure if it worked well before the update. But now it works one out of 10 times. I've been re installing drivers and everything. Switching midi channel to 15 actually made Axe Edit work until I made the mistake to open Cubase ztying to communicate with the AxeFx on the same channel. For a moment it worked. Smile on my face, Scene states reacting to my midi track's cc messages in real time. Then...
Everything freezes, task manager, end task, nothing works. Reboot PC etc..

Is somebody successfully running both Axe Edit and a Daw with midi automation?

Update:
So after a year that I've been struggling with the communication via USB and my mac... it seems that I found somthing that works for me through the axe fix II book guide.
All I did is get in to axe edit, go to settings press none on both out and in, than go out of axe edit then turn off axe fx and then turn it back on go again to axe edit, press setting and set the in and out to axe fx midi and it should work.
I did that one time and now my axe has been communicating with axe edit every time I tried to connect for the pass 2 weeks.
Might solve your problem. :)

Thank you.
Did you have trouble to connect in the first place?
I'm getting the connection every time. It just stops after a while. Sometimes randomly, sometimes when I click too fast or quickly switch between presets.

I'm having the same issues - MBP - reinstalled all USB drivers and Axe Edit.. Still no luck..
That's what I did after a year of timeouts and it worked. Try this.
Update:
So after a year that I've been struggling with the communication via USB and my mac... it seems that I found somthing that works for me through the axe fix II book guide.
All I did is get in to axe edit, go to settingspress none on both out and in, than go out of axe edit then turn off axe fx and then turn it back on go again to axe edit, press setting and set the in and out to axe fx midi and it should work.
I did that one time and now my axe has been communicating with axe edit every time I tried to connect for the pass 2 weeks.

I've been running into to trouble with axe edit. Starts up fine and will be cruising along fine and then time out on me.
I tried the fix above. This thread is a few months old so I thought I would chime in.
Running on Mac with latest FW on Axe Fx II (Mark II) with latest Axe Edit.
Love it until it crashes out. I do not have the MFC connected.
Let me know if anyone has a suggestion.

Thanks

I've been running into to trouble with axe edit. Starts up fine and will be cruising along fine and then time out on me.
I tried the fix above. This thread is a few months old so I thought I would chime in.
Running on Mac with latest FW on Axe Fx II (Mark II) with latest Axe Edit.
Love it until it crashes out. I do not have the MFC connected.
Let me know if anyone has a suggestion.

Thanks

Plenty of other users mate: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...t-problem-with-q-8.129915/page-3#post-1547958

Axe-Edit connections are extremely unreliable for me lately. I've been running the same configuration for years but in the last few months it's really gotten bad. I'm having no such issues with any other USB MIDI connections on this Win7X64 PC. Axe-Edit never recovers either and I just lost a bunch of edits....grrrrrrrrr....

Update:
All I did is get in to axe edit, go to settingspress none on both out and in, than go out of axe edit then turn off axe fx and then turn it back on go again to axe edit, press setting and set the in and out to axe fx midi and it should work.

I ran into this issue with my new XL+ and mid 2015 MBP this afternoon, and your instructions worked! Thanks!

Update:

Tried this...worked for a bit then back to square one. Anyone had better results?

Back
Top Bottom