Larry Mitchell amp models

I listened to the video and a found Larry Mitchell to play excellent with some very usable musician sounds. Since i also love the amps that he played, i just downloaded the AX8 free package with sounds and cabinets from an AC20, Fender Deluxe, 2 Marshalls and a Peavy amp. That is what i call good customer support ;-)

The rewards were 9 amazing presets that were both identical to his amps and directly usable in a band. I simply adored the AC20 preset that has that nice bite. Activating the Multi-delay, and U2 songs came to my mind directly. The Marshalls are spot on and have the right amount of British aggression which cuts through any mix.

Well done and therefore, i would like to express my sincere compliments for the the Fractal Audio team!

I think these presets work so well because they are custom made and include the IR required. You also get to hear the context In which they were used so have a frame of reference.

Personally I would like to see this approach taken more with cab packs. I know ML is adding presets to his bundles and that's a start.

Tried them only with my tele with dimarzio area T pickups in it and the luxe sounded ok, but I didn't like the rest.
I will try them again with my Suhr or LP, just to see what difference switching to HB's makes.
I saw he had a HB as his bridge pickup and used that almost exclusively during the video.
May also try my IBANEZ SA with Andy Timmons pickups, to see if a high output HB livens things up a bit.

Thanks for the review though, I think that video pulled me over the line to get the XL+ and not the AX8.

Haven't had a chance to try them yet but they sound fantastic in his video. Need to try them out this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom