Installing MFC-Edit

finleysound

Inspired
Keep getting this pop up window....

Installing MFC-Edit...
Please enter the Administrator password:

I assume this is the Administrator password for my computer, but it keeps saying Invalid password. Stumped. Yes, I am entering the correct password for my Mac.

Enter your password, the one you always enter when you're installing software onto your computer. That should work. Otherwise enter the system administrator password.

Yup, that'd be your computer password, provided your account as administrator rights. You're 100% positive you don't have the caps lock key on or anything? (that java window won't show you the "warning" up arrow graphic indicator like the native authentications boxes will if you do)

I've tried both my user password and administrator password to no avail. Yes, caps lock is off.

I only get the dialog box when attempting to install the 5.3. Version 5.2 installed fine.

No. It's not related to that. It is MacOS that isn't accepting your password I think. Open a support ticket and include screenshots of the error message you're getting.

Keep getting this pop up window....

Installing MFC-Edit...
Please enter the Administrator password:

I assume this is the Administrator password for my computer, but it keeps saying Invalid password. Stumped. Yes, I am entering the correct password for my Mac.

Currently having this same issue, did you manage to solve it?

Back
Top Bottom