Cant get Midi CC to change by scene

snoggin

I have it working fine with midi block but Im trying to use the scene function and cant get it to work Ive searched and manualed but no joy

in FX8 Edit I have it all set up correctly on the configurration page... And it shows up on the hardware

And the value changes by scene on the hardware config page but its apparently not sending a cc message as I get no flash on my amp... I know it is still connected beacause I have the solo function mapped to a footswitch and it transmits fine via midi block

But its not sending the message via the scene function

Whats up? Do I have to enable somewhere? I configured the midi page in I/O and dont see anything there as far as enabling scene trigger of midi cc

Thanks in advance this forum has been great so far

Ive got my head around everything I want to do with the fx8 for starters except cant get this to work yet

Tim B

Hi @snoggin,

I've just re-tested MIDI CC send per scene using firmware 5.02 and it is working fine.

I made a blank preset. I assigned foot switches to SCENE 1 and SCENE 2

I set Scene 1 to send MIDI CC#34, Channel 1, Value 0
I set Scene 2 to send MIDI CC#34, Channel 1, Value 1

I connected MIDI OUT to the MIDI IN of my Axe-Fx II.
When I change scenes on the FX8, the MIDI CC is sent by the FX8, then received and processed correctly by the Axe-Fx II.

Maybe it's your amp, or maybe you haven't configured MIDI per scene correctly.

Thanks for the quick response.hmmm Ill go thru it again but not sure what ive gotten wrong here

The amp responds fine to midi cc using the block so I think for some reason the fx8 is not sending it or I have done something to prevent it... Im using same midi channel etc so dont get it

Ill keep trying

That went fine but no help

Ive got to head out for a while but hopefully someone will chime in and set off a lightbulb over my head.

If the config page show the cc value changing with each scene it should be sending the message yes?

But its not only when I use a midi block

midi block works fine and amp acknowledges with led flash and solo fiunction

argh

Do you have your per-scene CC values set to the right channels?

Hi yes I do. I've double checked it all countless times

The settings that work in a midi block aren't doing anything in the scene version

Thank you for your response. I submitted a ticket at fractal too

I'm just using midi blocks to seitch for now but scenes would be better

Hi sure, Ill give it a try.. I will also see about uploading a screen shot of my config.

Fractal matt has been emailing me but no help so far. its weird everything is set up on config page properly and I can see the cc value change when I switch scenes but its not sending a message is my guess because it works fine with the midi blocks but thats more cumbersome to deal with switching wise. and I have to use x/y to use all three channels on my Mesa TC-50

Ill try to upload a preset,, never done it lol

What are you controlling with CC 127? And how sensitive is it? The scene values you've programmed are so close to each other that they might be audibly identical, depending on how you're using it.

Well its the signal to switch channels on my Mesa TC-50.. I thought about that and did try using radically control values

TC Midi control says between 64 and 127 Ill try and shift them once more and see if it helps but I did think of that ...

The Mesa manual says that 20.21,and 22 are mutually exclusive and that the most recent received takes priority. Those are the cc values for channels 1,2,and 3

Either im not getting any message or could it be sending them all at once and therefore nothing happens? that seems unlikely

Back
Top Bottom