Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Very good news for everyone, i managed to lower the ram usage by about 100 MB, which means it now runs fine on an old ipad mini 1 and should run on most iDevices :)
I also managed to speed it up for all devices.
Stay tuned for the 1.08 release :)

2 questions:
1- will Fracpad work with an IPad 2?
2- If I use the Yamaha MDBT01 can I run the FracPad app and the RAC12 (with bi-directional MIDI) at the same time with an AxeFX XLII+?

2 questions:
1- will Fracpad work with an IPad 2?
2- If I use the Yamaha MDBT01 can I run the FracPad app and the RAC12 (with bi-directional MIDI) at the same time with an AxeFX XLII+?
Yes
In order to get the rac12 and md-bt01 running both simultaneously, connecting the rac12 with a bidirectional midi cable to the axefx's in port.
Then the MD-bt01's out port to rac12's merge, then the axefx's out to md-bt01's in

Yes
In order to get the rac12 and md-bt01 running both simultaneously, connecting the rac12 with a bidirectional midi cable to the axefx's in port.
Then the MD-bt01's out port to rac12's merge, then the axefx's out to md-bt01's in

Thanks Al. Is that "yes" for the IPad 2?

Okay, I'm not sure what that is but I'll google it. Thanks

update-Looks like a no-go on the IPad 2. Too bad.

Last edited:
I was waiting to buy the MDBT01 until I had tried the app out but I guess there's no way to do this. It seems the app won't open without a proper connection. Is that right?

I was waiting to buy the MDBT01 until I had tried the app out but I guess there's no way to do this. It seems the app won't open without a proper connection. Is that right?
It will but you won't see any grid or parameter...
You can try an usb connection with the camera adapter if you've got one

I'm curious why there's such a difference in price between the Mac/Windows version and the mobile app versions. I'm not a programmer so I don't understand the economics of this. I'm just curious.
BTW I just bought the Mac version. Thanks for all you do Al.

I'm curious why there's such a difference in price between the Mac/Windows version and the mobile app versions. I'm not a programmer so I don't understand the economics of this. I'm just curious.
BTW I just bought the Mac version. Thanks for all you do Al.
Because there 's less demand, and less work to create them

I’m just playing with Fracpad on a MBP with a touchpad. I looked at the tutorial but the gestures are obviously not the same for a touch pad.
I get a single tap to enable/disable a block.
A long press to view parameters.
I use 3 fingers to move a block.
A right mouse click opens context menu.
I don’t know how to delete a link.

Because there 's less demand, and less work to create them
Thanks for the answer.
The app is great. One small thing I'd like is the ability to keep the preset list open while I select different presets. Maybe I just don't know how to do this.
Also I notice the preset names don't show up until I select them once. Is there a way to poll the presets?

Back
Top Bottom