Spillover within scenes of same preset

Billbill

Power User
Ok guys quick question:
I have a preset that I setup that uses 2 scenes. Scene 1 is clean intro synth type effects with heavy delay and scene 2 is a louder, heavier, distorted tone that I use to kick the main riff off in the song. My issue is when I switch to scene 2 and start jamming right away, the spillover from scene 1 spills into scene 2 way too loud! I WANT it to spillover but because scene 2 is heavier and louder the spillover jumps out like crazy when I make the scene switch. Is there a way to maintain the volume of scene 1 spillover when I switch to scene 2?

Can you post the preset? or PM it to me if you aren't comfortable with sharing it here.

the volume increase is coming from higher gain and volume settings in the scene I'm switching to. Lowering the volume would defeat the purpose of having that scene louder which is what I want. The problem is it's affecting the spillover volume that came from a quieter scene

Is there a way to turn off spillover in just a single preset?

There are ways to mute the effect output if that's what you want. If you want the natural decay without the volume jump, the key is to boost level before (or parallel to) the effect, not via main level slider of output block.

Spillover only happens from delay, reverb, and MultiDelay blocks. You can set each of those blocks to THRU or MUTE FX OUT (assuming they're in series and not parallel).

There can also be brief bursts in scene changes caused by blocks switching faster than Scene Controllers, if you're using them.

Spillover only happens from delay, reverb, and MultiDelay blocks. You can set each of those blocks to THRU or MUTE FX OUT (assuming they're in series and not parallel).

There can also be brief bursts in scene changes caused by blocks switching faster than Scene Controllers, if you're using them.
Will doing that kill the spillover of the multidelay between scenes??

Yes. Using Thru or Mute FX Out bypass mode on the delay block will mute the delay signal the instant you bypass the block either manually or using scenes.

There are some really cool ways to control exactly how the spill-over acts on a per-scene basis using a 'Scene Controller' to change the 'Feedback' and other parameters in multiple blocks.

There are some really cool ways to control exactly how the spill-over acts on a per-scene basis using a 'Scene Controller' to change the 'Feedback' and other parameters in multiple blocks.
Wait I thought a scene controller was just a part of the FW. What is a scene controller? Is that part of that MFC101 switch thing??

if it's the scene level that's creating the hike in volume, can you not lower that and increase the level somewhere else?

There are a lot of ways to control spill-over levels and such using different bypass settings and/or other (low CPU) blocks.

Back
Top Bottom