FX loop routing: using axe 8 effects loop AND amps effects loop

caseygree

so here's what I want to do:

- run my Hughes and Kettner replex delay in the effects loop of my Axe 8

- AND then run the Axe 8 through the effects loop of my Naylor amp

Here's what I've tried:
- amp send to Axe In 1, Axe Out 2 (L) to Amp return

- axe output 2 (R) into Replex input, output of replex into Axe input 2 (R)

Right now, the replex isn't getting any signal.

Is what I want to do possible?

Thanks
Case

Amp return should get signal from Out 1L, not Out 2L

Remember to place FX Loop block in preset and turn up both output level knobs.

I don't know. Can you connect Out 1 to something else like studio monitors and hear sound from a factory preset?

Basically all I wanted to accomplish was being able to use the Axe 8 in the line level loop of the Naylor as a way to pad the signal to run into my other non-line level effects.

I now have it running as indicated above, but just with the non-line level effects AFTER the Axe8 in the loop and it works.

Was hoping I could keep all the effects running w/in in the Axe loop just so I could avoid unhooking/recooking when I switch rigs. No biggie though.

Thanks for the help.

Case

If you're only using the AX8 in the loop of your amp (not in front of the amp):

1. Guitar to amp input
2. Amp effects send to AX8 Instrument Input (In 1)
3. AX8 Out 2L to Replex In
4. Replex Out to AX8 In 2L
5. AX8 Out 1L to amp effects return.

You need an FX Loop block in every preset with the Replex. You need both outputs turned up. Out 1 is the send level to the amp effects return, Out 2 is the send level to the Replex. Max both for unity gain, unless the Replex can't handle the juice.

Let's say a guy got real crazy and ended up with TWO Naylor amps...

Could I run the effects into the loops of BOTH amps? I would use my Boss TU-2 to split the guitar signal.

Let's say a guy got real crazy and ended up with TWO Naylor amps...

Could I run the effects into the loops of BOTH amps? I would use my Boss TU-2 to split the guitar signal.

Yes, but possibly now how you want.

Typically with a real, two amp stereo situation where the amps are identical, you only use the preamp from one. The setup for that would look like this. I'll call the amps Amp A (which will be used for preamp / tone shaping) and Amp B.

1. Guitar to Amp A input.
2. Amp A effects send to AX8 Instrument Input (In 1)
3. AX8 Out 2L to Replex In
4. Replex Out to AX8 In 2L
5. AX8 Out 1L to Amp A effects return
6. AX8 Out 1R to Amp B effects return

Bonus: use the Delay block in the AX8 (after the FX Loop block) and set it to one of the many stereo configurations.

Back
Top Bottom