Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

OMG YES x1000. This is a game changer!

Hey Philip, please please please, when you get your hands on this goodiness, help the rest of us mere mortals. I saw your post later in the thread, but I would love to hear, what kind of shimmery awesomeness, you can do with this.

@FractalAudio - another fantastic update. I love your solution to the amp/cab block perdicament, and the FX updates sound marvellous.

What a bunch of fools we all are!!! You're not real your like one of those Autobots....CliffAubots and FASotron. Stop messing with our minds.........BTW....Thanks you guys are just awesome! :D

my best gear. period.

Found the new motor drive algo to add exactly what is needed to have that raw/chewy cab sound in FRFR mode... just love it and set it at 4 in all cab ... now to be added in the amp block if I right understand previous posts.

what's more I now use the optical compressor in line mode after the amp, as Cliff stated in its presets from FW7.02b post. t gives a great "finish" for a ready to record riffs.
Just great !

adam_eve.jpg

tent_city_q702.jpg

Quantum 7.02: Second most significant tent pitching event in history.
Sometimes being second ain't bad at all.

Many thanks to Cliff. New motor drive exactly what i was looking for. It makes my patches sound (and feel) like real amp (even on value of 2).
The only note: even on 6-7 of motor drive, meter shows 1,5 - 2 db compression (tone bender - gibson scout - OH v10). Or maybe 3-6db is for hi-gain patches?

The only note: even on 6-7 of motor drive, meter shows 1,5 - 2 db compression (tone bender - gibson scout - OH v10). Or maybe 3-6db is for hi-gain patches?
If you want more compression, crank up Motor Drive. ;)

hi, long time lurker here,
i'm really enjoying reading and learning from this forum, but now its time to say thank you all, but in first place thank you Cliff and your team.
You've done an amazing job, this little blackbox is getting better and better.
Thanks too for taking us mkI/II owners on this continuing journey.

regards

now to be added in the amp block if I right understand previous posts.

not sure what you mean here, so to clarify...

use it in the amp block if you're going FRFR / FOH only (it's more accurate in the amp block)

use it in the cab block if you're going FOH and poweramp/cab. using it in the cab block here, means the cab simulated signal gets the motor drive, but the real cab does not (it already has it's own natural motor drive)

amp block. it's more accurate.
Even though I don't have a cab of any type hooked up? I seemed in the description to take it's information from the real speaker resonance information. So If I don't have a speaker hooked up where does it gets it's resonance info? from the speaker resonance parameter?

"The Motor Drive simulation is available in both the Amp block and Cab block now. It is recommended to use the simulation in the Amp block when using an FRFR configuration as the Amp block simulation uses the speaker resonance information in the calculations whereas the Cabinet block uses fixed values."

real speaker? what? it's right there in the release notes - the Amp block simulation uses the speaker resonance information in the calculations whereas the Cabinet block uses fixed values.

the speaker resonance information from the speaker page in the amp block

not sure what you mean here, so to clarify...

use it in the amp block if you're going FRFR / FOH only (it's more accurate in the amp block)

use it in the cab block if you're going FOH and poweramp/cab. using it in the cab block here, means the cab simulated signal gets the motor drive, but the real cab does not (it already has it's own natural motor drive)
Yes this is what I meant: I'm using FRFR only => motor drive in amp bloc for me.

Back
Top Bottom