Fractal Audio DRIVE Models: Yek's PDF Guide (latest version: April 2021)

After finishing the Guide to the Fractal Audio Amp Models, I thought to myself: “Never again”. But the unchartered territory of the drive models was too tempting. Compared to the amplifier models, information about the drive models is scarce. Which is remarkable because drive pedals are the most common devices to be found on traditional pedalboards. Each day a new drive pedal of some kind is released. So here we have it:
I also created simple presets to demonstrate the drive models, using the same amps in each presets.
With the help of @simviz, the contents of the preceding forum threads have been assembled in this PDF guide. Like the Amp Guide, this guide is more complete than the forum threads and will be updated periodically.

I’d like to mention two sources of information which have been of great help during the process of writing this guide:

Contact me if you see errors or if you have suggestions.

Yeks%20Drives%20Guide.png

What can I say....this guide goes hand in hand with your amp guide which is always on my monitor when playing. A wealth of info there. The amp page on Wiki has been replaced by your Amp Guide PDF since version one.. Thanks a lot to you and @simviz for those invaluable (for me at least) info. Good job guys!

The new FAS custom Shimmer Drive is one of the best drives I've ever heard.
I think, if it ever was, a physical stand-alone pedal, it would be very popular. Glad to owe an AxeFx

I reviewed the entire guide, fine-tuned parts and added content.

I also updated the accompanying presets. Noticeable improvements IMHO.

The updated guide and presets (August 2017) are available in the OP and wiki.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom