Fractal Audio DRIVE Models: Yek's PDF Guide (latest version: April 2021)

yek

Contact Fractal for your Custom Title
After finishing the Guide to the Fractal Audio Amp Models, I thought to myself: “Never again”. But the unchartered territory of the drive models was too tempting. Compared to the amplifier models, information about the drive models is scarce. Which is remarkable because drive pedals are the most common devices to be found on traditional pedalboards. Each day a new drive pedal of some kind is released. So here we have it:
I also created simple presets to demonstrate the drive models, using the same amps in each presets.

With the help of @simviz, the contents of the preceding forum threads have been assembled in this PDF guide. Like the Amp Guide, this guide is more complete than the forum threads and will be updated periodically.

Contact me if you come across errors or if you have suggestions.

GuideDrives.jpg

Last edited:
@yek and @simviz - Thank you both

I have recently started building preset templates, where I dig a bit deeper in both amp models and drive models, and I have also tried several models that I never tried before. Your guide has been such a big help in understanding how the modelled amp/drive is supposed to work, and it takes me straight to the right controls. I wouldn't have been nearly as successful without it.

Great work Yek, I'm sure I speak for the community. We appreciate your time, research and knowledge!

Last edited:
Thank you, @yek. Your contributions here are outstanding.

And thank you, @simviz . Editing this stuff is no trivial task.

Last edited:
Awesome job Yek and kudos for all you do. The guide is very comprehensive and offers a lot of useful tips and info. Thanks again....great contribution.

Back
Top Bottom