Software FracPad III - iOS/Android/Mac/Win Editor for the Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+, AX8/FX8, Axe-Fx III and FM3/FM9

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
I just wanted to thank Al for this great app and let people know about my setup and experience. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 with my AX8 via a USB cable and it is working really well. I'm running Android v5.0.2 which is standard for this device.

There were a few problems in December, but I believe Al made some fixes. The biggest problem was timeouts and disconnects. I had been using a bit of a long USB cable. Once I tried a shorter cable that problem went away.

Thanks again Al!

Hi Alex,
I'm wondering what values get read when I set the double click function to load default values.
In the amp block that means it will load and use the values for the basic amp model when you all reset an amp block (the bassguy amp?). It will not use the default values for the amp type that is actually active?
Is that right?

Hi Alex,
I'm wondering what values get read when I set the double click function to load default values.
In the amp block that means it will load and use the values for the basic amp model when you all reset an amp block (the bassguy amp?). It will not use the default values for the amp type that is actually active?
Is that right?
Hi,
Yes i think it's what happens. To be honest, i only ask the axefx to default the value, i have no other control...

There's that different way of reseting the advanced settings only, that's when you deselect and then reselect a certain amp and that leads to the factory defaults for that given amp type. I guess there is no such command to ask these values from the hardware in one step, it would take a sequence of commands.
But these defaults are the ones you'd want, when tweaking an amp block.

There's that different way of reseting the advanced settings only, that's when you deselect and then reselect a certain amp and that leads to the factory defaults for that given amp type. I guess there is no such command to ask these values from the hardware in one step, it would take a sequence of commands.
But these defaults are the ones you'd want, when tweaking an amp block.
Then you'll need to ask Cliff to support a new sysex command to request those values...

FracPad 1.06 is available, here is the changelog :

- Adds Scene names ! Eachs scene of each preset can have a name that is stored locally. Different fasDevices have different storage
- New Compare function : hit once, you get the preset sound that was saved earlier, hit again you get the currently edited sound.
- Presets and Cabs names are now cached, in a different storage for different fasDevices. This means you only have to read presets/cabs names once, so the app will start faster.
- Handles AX8 switches setting !
- Fixes linked mode with comboboxes/switches
- New option to display original values marks only if the current value is different
- Metronome state is displayed in Mode window
- Fixes grid links click (links between blocks)
- Handles original values independently in the X and Y parameter sets of a block
- Fixes large data transfers via BlueTooth
- Adds logfile direct view in the About window
- Android 7 compatibility fix

Also note NEW DEMO has been uploaded, with full Amp block parameters access and few other function unlocked :) Just download it again from the AppStore or http://www.e-junkie.com/fracpad

iOS version and demo are waiting for Apple approval...

Last edited:
- Presets and Cabs names are now cached, in a different storage for different fasDevices. This means you only have to read presets/cabs names once, so the app will start faster.
Yay! I've been hoping for this kind of device-dependent persistence in Fractal-Bot for a long time.

Apple is really driving me mad... They refused the demo update for the reason that demos are not allowed. But these stupid dumb people allowed the first demo version, talk about consistency ^^
So what am i supposed to do? Make FracPad free and request a paid key in FracPad? No it's not allowed neither...
Nothing is allowed with Apple, apart beeing jailed in their f#cking bad machines and oses!
Really guys, stop buying Apple, it's leading the world to craziness

To be honest - i don't know if you need a demo version. I've downloaded apps and not been pleased with them and have requested a refund through apple. So long as you aren't doing this all the time they've credited me on a few.

Looking forward to the update. You've made some big improvements. Scene naming is awesome.

To be honest - i don't know if you need a demo version. I've downloaded apps and not been pleased with them and have requested a refund through apple. So long as you aren't doing this all the time they've credited me on a few.

Looking forward to the update. You've made some big improvements. Scene naming is awesome.
Yes and some bigger improvements are on their way...
But a lot of users need to try before buy, can be understood... It's seems having a FracPad lite version could be allowed by Assle, i' ll go the lite version but it will be very lite...

Apple is really driving me mad... They refused the demo update for the reason that demos are not allowed. But these stupid dumb people allowed the first demo version, talk about consistency ^^
So what am i supposed to do? Make FracPad free and request a paid key in FracPad? No it's not allowed neither...
Nothing is allowed with Apple, apart beeing jailed in their f#cking bad machines and oses!
Really guys, stop buying Apple, it's leading the world to craziness
It's not just Apple, though this is egregious. You pretty much can't buy a commercial OS that doesn't take intrusive ownership of you and the developers.

Maybe you can create a Lite version that's trivially inexpensive?

In-app purchase to unlock features or functionality. Have the app stop working after 5 minutes, etc. pending an IAP? Some companies like Rogue Amoeba will add white noise to recordings in their recording software after 1 minute of use until you IAP the full version. Or have a version that only lets you control TMB on the AMP block unless you IAP control of all blocks?

That's the way around it.

I am a new AxeFX II user, and as of a few minutes ago, a new FracPad iOS user! Looks and runs great on my iPad. Does anyone think it's funny that the UI latency is better on FracPad than on the Mac running Axe-Edit (especially scrolling the preset list in Axe-Edit)? And my Mac is a brand new 2016 MacBook Pro with a f*cking Core i7 quad core processor. And a wired connection to the Axe. Whereas the iPad is going wireless over BT and has a much less beefy processor.

In other words, AlGrenadine, thanks for writing a very efficient app :)

Back
Top Bottom