Fractal MFC vs Other types for axeXL+??

Billbill

Power User
Hey guys, quick question. I can't spend the cash on the Fractal MFC right now (just bought the AxeFx 2XL+ from Fractal and searching for FRFR), so what are the main benefits using that MFC vs another that is fully compatible with the axe?
What is the next best thing for an MFC that's a decent price yet will work just as good for simple applications?

The next best thing is a Behringer FCB1010. Ten preset banks with ten programmable footswitches and two built-in expression pedals for $150 new, there isn't a better midi footcontroller for that price. The biggest drawback: it's not completely integrated like the MFC and you have to program it. There's a free Mountain Utilities FCB1010 editor which is very full featured but not as slick to use as the commercial editor. I use one with a stock ROM, but there's the Uno firmware for about $24 + shipping (I think) that (among other improvements) supports a true stompbox mode (so the indicator LEDs work the way you'd want them to when toggling FX blocks).

The next best thing is a Behringer FCB1010. Ten preset banks with ten programmable footswitches and two built-in expression pedals for $150 new, there isn't a better midi footcontroller for that price. The biggest drawback: it's not completely integrated like the MFC and you have to program it. There's a free Mountain Utilities FCB1010 editor which is very full featured but not as slick to use as the commercial editor. I use one with a stock ROM, but there's the Uno firmware for about $24 + shipping (I think) that (among other improvements) supports a true stompbox mode (so the indicator LEDs work the way you'd want them to when toggling FX blocks).
Hmmm sounds interesting.thanks for updating me!

If you plan on using an FCB1010, I highly recommend purchasing EurekaProm 3.0 chip. It is much cooler, I still have my Behringer as a backup controller. EurekaSound's eprom is designed for AFX (and 3.0 for XL+ specially) and now supports up to 768 presets, and that's pretty awesome!

Back
Top Bottom