Bug? Why does Axe FX II freeze?

Does anyone know why sometimes the axe fx II freezes and you have to restart it?
I have read on here things ranging from using axe-edit, using a foot controller with axe fx II, using the looper, and switching patches.
Anybody have a short hand list of all the 'freezes' known, why they happen, and how to avoid them? This would be a helpful list. Maybe no one has the list of all of them, but people could list things that have happened to them and how they solved the problem.

Probably corrupt preset indeed. Check if the freeze always occurs on the same preset.
If so, delete it by saving another preset over it.

Or hardware failure. Did you buy it new?

this is a very isolated issue, mine has never frozen in years of playing it. a corrupt preset is usually the issue.
Thx
Probably corrupt preset indeed. Check if the freeze always occurs on the same preset.

I do hope it is a preset, because I bought it on reverb a few months ago. I think it is still within my rights to contact Reverb though if something is wrong. It works for long periods at a time and freezes up about 3-5 times if I play for around 3 hours esp. when I use the looper a lot... I wonder if it is a preset though. Hopefully. That would be a true bummer if something was wrong with the hardware. Thanks for the info though. I will test out the presets and see if that helps.

Is there a way I can self-test my unit for hardware failure? Or is that a situation where you would send it to fractal to test to see what is wrong?
Thx

Mine crashes all the time but I'm yet to notice a pattern. I have a lot of very complex, multi-layered sounds, often the Axe CPU is running at over 90%. I use an RJM Mastermind GT/16 to control it, and used to use an FCB1010. I've never had it crash without a foot controller so I think it's something to do with MIDI but thats really my only guess so far. I can only pray it never happens on stage.

Mine crashes all the time but I'm yet to notice a pattern. I have a lot of very complex, multi-layered sounds, often the Axe CPU is running at over 90%. I use an RJM Mastermind GT/16 to control it, and used to use an FCB1010. I've never had it crash without a foot controller so I think it's something to do with MIDI but thats really my only guess so far. I can only pray it never happens on stage.

Actually "All the time" might be a bit of an exaggeration but still it's been happening often enough recently to raise an eyebrow.

Does anyone know why sometimes the axe fx II freezes and you have to restart it?
I have read on here things ranging from using axe-edit, using a foot controller with axe fx II, using the looper, and switching patches.
Anybody have a short hand list of all the 'freezes' known, why they happen, and how to avoid them? This would be a helpful list. Maybe no one has the list of all of them, but people could list things that have happened to them and how they solved the problem.
FAS stands behind their products, so regardless you can get this figured out. It takes troubleshooting as the first step. Don't use Axe-Edit and operate the MIDI controller and expect seamless performance. The AxeFX isn't designed to perform that way.
Other than that, the AxeFX shouldn't be freezing. Try to recreate the situation in which it occurs, but unplug any USB or MIDI that could be crosstalking.

My AF2 also freezes, but I noted it was the FCB1010 causing it. If I unplug the fcb, the freezing stops. I would have to restore system settings to get it to work again. I suspect it is some kind of MIDI crash but have not resolved the situation.

At first I thought it would only occur when the USB was connected to the PC while the FCB1010 was connected to MIDI in, but it froze up on my first Axe show last week: no USB was connected.

I thought it must be the FCB but I've seen posts from guys who experience the problem with MFC101's. Maybe the cable?

Mine used to freeze when I assigned to many CC(continuous controller) assigns in a preset! 4-5 max!

Back
Top Bottom