Anyone purchase a B-Stock unit?

jguss

I just saw the option to purchase a b-stock FX-8 in the FA store. Has anyone here purchased one? Are the cosmetic blemishes serious? Are these units returned from a 14-day trial or warranty repair? Is there any risk in purchasing one?

Yes aftercare first impression is good. I bought a 4 months old fx8 from someone and the 3 year warranty period could be transferred without any problems. Just email them with the serialnr. Now after 13 months of using it the 5th footswitch broke(?) of causing the unit to freeze so its unusable. So this is a good aftercare test :)
Hope I have it back in time before my gig 11 febr...

p.s. it probably didnt break off but just went loose. Half of it fell in the chassis so the unit thought the footswitch was pressed. So for a moment the other footswitches didn't work. Now it fell completely in the chassis and the other footswitches work again. But loose screws in the chassis is not safe, so I hope for a repair soon!

Last edited:
Yes aftercare first impression is good. I bought a 4 months old fx8 from someone and the 3 year warranty period could be transferred without any problems. Just email them with the serialnr. Now after 13 months of using it the 5th footswitch broke of causing the unit to freeze so its unusable. So this is a good aftercare test :)
Hope I have it back in time before my gig 11 febr...

Eh, to clarify, the warranty in the US as covered by FAS isn't transferable. When you buy a used unit in the US, it won't be warrantied. What international distributors cover is up to them.

To clarify further, B-Stock refers to new units direct from Fractal (or other distributors) that are blemished or otherwise something other than "pristine mint from the factory". But they are covered by full warranty as purchased new. It doesn't mean used.

All that said, Fractal Support is on point.

I just saw the option to purchase a b-stock FX-8 in the FA store. Has anyone here purchased one? Are the cosmetic blemishes serious? Are these units returned from a 14-day trial or warranty repair? Is there any risk in purchasing one?

Depends on the actual unit. I would contact them and ask about the specfic unit and ask them what makes it B stock... and about the blemishes, scratches, marks etc on it....

I've purchased a couple B stock XLs and an EV-1... TBH couldn't tell you why they were sold as B stock

Eh, to clarify, the warranty in the US as covered by FAS isn't transferable. When you buy a used unit in the US, it won't be warrantied. What international distributors cover is up to them.

To clarify further, B-Stock refers to new units direct from Fractal (or other distributors) that are blemished or otherwise something other than "pristine mint from the factory". But they are covered by full warranty as purchased new. It doesn't mean used.

All that said, Fractal Support is on point.
Thats why we pay more in Europe ;-)

So , just a few hours after declaring a moratorium on my GAS addiction in this very forum, I just ordered one o these bargain FX8 mk II cuz my new Friedman runt 20 combo was feeling neglected........:confused:

Typically the B-Stock units have nicks in the aluminum plates on the sides. Somewhere in the handling they get whacked and it takes a small chunk out of the aluminum. Other times it's usually a flaw in the powder coat or silkscreen.

Typically the B-Stock units have nicks in the aluminum plates on the sides. Somewhere in the handling they get whacked and it takes a small chunk out of the aluminum. Other times it's usually a flaw in the powder coat or silkscreen.
So Is it true that I can call and ask about the issues of the particular b-stock unit I'd like to buy?

The flaws seem minimal compared to the discount and I couldn't resist any longer--can't wait to get mine!

My FX8 is perfect! I'm trying figure out how to get it to communicate with my JP-2C via MIDI. I'm presently reading both manuals. Anybody know? Can I switch channels within the same Scene, or just for Presets? I need to learn the sequence to store a Preset/Scene. Thank you in advance for any help.

My FX8 is perfect! I'm trying figure out how to get it to communicate with my JP-2C via MIDI. I'm presently reading both manuals. Anybody know? Can I switch channels within the same Scene, or just for Presets? I need to learn the sequence to store a Preset/Scene. Thank you in advance for any help.

You should start a new thread with this issue - I'll reply there with some help.

I bought an Axe-Fx II XL+ B stock and was extremely pleased!
It had the smallest imperfection on the faceplate that had to be pointed out to me to even notice it.
Glad I went the B stock route...saved a bunch of $$$ too!

I just figured it out! Time to create presets!

Back
Top Bottom