Playing an Axe/FX II Has Ruined NAMM For me

I spent the last 30 years buying, modding, & tweaking tube amps and having a great time with it. Now that I have my Axe II, I haven't opened up a tube amp since 2013. No more pedal building either. Done with that, and not missing it a jot. A tweaker has to do sumthin' though. Now I buy, mod, & tweak guitars. I never took the time to realize how much difference a few adjustments on your guitar can make to your tone, when I spent all of my time obsessing with amps and pedals.

I think my FedEx and UPS drivers probably got laid off due to a significant decline in package volume once I got my Axe-Fx. No more weekly deliveries of 3-5 pedals a week I kept cycling through LOL

Funny, hadn't thought about it, but I have not spent much since I finished my Axe rig. PA gear seems to get me still... I always want some little new thing... vocal processor, lights, blah blah... but pedals and amps are done, and have been for a few years now. But guitars... oh the guitars... so ready to go buy a new custom built Kiesel...

Still want to go to NAMM though. Never been. My singer just got back, said it was amazing.

My thoughts exactly. I bought the Axe Fx II XL 2 years ago, and since then no amp or pedal. I still have my EVH 5150 Stealth, cause its my favorite amp, and have the FX8 for it. I hope the 5150 Stealth is going to be modeled at some point, then I will go full digital.

It's like GAS-ex ... that AXEFX has cured the need for related widgets. Haven't been to NAMM since the 1990s, but I used to get enamored by new gear/stuff ... no more and happy for it. :)

My Axe-Fx II gave me a good run of about three years GAS free. Then I gravitated back to using an amp live for most of my playing situations. This of course meant I had a few years worth of pedals to catch up on. I do love pedals. It's a sickness.

Luckily, they work really well in front of the Axe. Actually, better than most of the pedal models in the Axe (IMHO / YMMV).

So, I've already ordered a Suhr Eclipse and will get a Catalinbread Belle Epoch Deluxe as soon as they're available. :sunglasses:

It's been the same thing for me, no more GAS.. At least it was so until yesterday when I heard about this pedal, first GAS attack in almost 3 years

How great having it emulated in the AFX would be? :)

It's been the same thing for me, no more GAS.. At least it was so until yesterday when I heard about this pedal, first GAS attack in almost 3 years

Tried at NAMM only for a few minutes but it doesn't impressed me at all. What I heard it's far from natural feed back but I express my final judgement when I will try it in studio.

Tried at NAMM only for a few minutes but it doesn't impressed me at all. What I heard it's far from natural feed back but I express my final judgement when I will try it in studio.
In the videos I saw it sounded pretty convincing though, way better than other similar pedals ..
Anyway I'd probably use it in place of a sustainer/ebow rather than a feedback simulator.
I'll try it by myself if I'll have the opportunity ;)

Last edited:
My GAS is a Fryette LXII
.. I still love playing with cab and matrix is good but still lacks that interaction with cab what an old tube-amp player are used to. I believe the LXII is the missing algorithm!

Back
Top Bottom