AX8: All Scenes Blank in "FS" Menu

u2bri

Sorry if this was discussed before or not.

My AX8 Scenes have vanished on my unit ( I went to a gig and all the scenes were gone-each preset still had the first scene by default but it did not show on screen). The "Layout" screen shows each effect but the "FS" Screen is completely blank.

I came home updated all firmware, and reloaded presets that I had backed up and still the same thing is happening. Thanks kindly for any insight. Puzzling.

Is it possible that you accidentally changed your footswitches to GLOBAL, with no footswitch assignments?

How old are the presets you loaded? Are they from before the firmware was changed to separate out the Footswitch page?

The presets were made this summer and fall. Thanks for both your input. Rex when was that firmware change to separate out the foot switch page? That is it! Now just drag and drop and I can reset it up. Thank you much.

How old are the presets you loaded? Are they from before the firmware was changed to separate out the Footswitch page?
are you perhaps referring to the FX8 separating the Config page and Footswitch page? the AX8 always had the separate FS page, as far as i can remember.

I just posted a thread on this situation happening to me.........i think its similar........I have the scene icon just disapear from my pedal board layout screen. Example set up scene 6 place scene 6 on pedal switch icon 6 assign S6 to that pedal and it vanishes. A message comes on where the S6 icon should be and says NONE. Could this situation be a bug?

I just posted a thread on this situation happening to me.........i think its similar........I have the scene icon just disapear from my pedal board layout screen. Example set up scene 6 place scene 6 on pedal switch icon 6 assign S6 to that pedal and it vanishes. A message comes on where the S6 icon should be and says NONE. Could this situation be a bug?
Did you save?

In FW 3.0, "Stompbox Mode" was separated out into separate Config and Footswitch pages.
@chris is correct. The AX8 layout grid and the footswitch assignments have always been separate in AX8.

Reactions: Rex
Hi @u2bri . I'm replying here because I also replied to your support ticket on Jan 22, but you just emailed to say that you never got a reply. I replied again, but our emails to you may be going into the junk mail.

I asked the same question in that email that I asked in response to your post above:

Is it possible that you accidentally changed your AX8 footswitches to GLOBAL, with no footswitch assignments?

You can check this in AX8 Edit on the GLOBAL tab of the FOOTSWITCHES screen, or on the unit itself by entering SETUP and checking the GBL FS (Global Footswitch) page.

Hi @u2bri . I'm replying here because I also replied to your support ticket on Jan 22, but you just emailed to say that you never got a reply. I replied again, but our emails to you may be going into the junk mail.

I asked the same question in that email that I asked in response to your post above:

Is it possible that you accidentally changed your AX8 footswitches to GLOBAL, with no footswitch assignments?

You can check this in AX8 Edit on the GLOBAL tab of the FOOTSWITCHES screen, or on the unit itself by entering SETUP and checking the GBL FS (Global Footswitch) page.

Ok checked that and that didn't work, nothing was on global. Maybe I am not understanding a basic AX8 concept. My scenes seem to be storing fine. If I store a set of changes lets say on scene 6 those changes are saved. I can hit the F2 button and then hit pedal 6 and scene 6 comes up with the appropriate pedal changes.
What I am trying to do is for my preset pedal assignment FS (footshift) 1 is a drive , FS 2 another drive FS3 rotary FS4 delay FS 5,6,7 are empty FS8 has reverb........I am trying to put an S6 icon in for FS6, when I go to the footshift block 6 and scroll until I see S6 on that block I then hit Store,enter,enter, After I complete the storing process I look at FS block 6 it now is empty and a rectagular bar comes up saying.....NONE.
Can I store an S6 icon in one of the eight footshift blocks so when I am in regular preset mode , I hit FS 6 and it will pull up scene 6 as long as Ive programed S6 in that FS block? Hope you can follow my explaination, dont know how else to put it.

...I am trying to put an S6 icon in for FS6, when I go to the footshift block 6 and scroll until I see S6 on that block I then hit Store,enter,enter, After I complete the storing process I look at FS block 6 it now is empty and a rectagular bar comes up saying.....NONE.
There's the problem. After you scroll to S6, hit ENTER to select it. Then save.

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Rex .....you truly are a legend! That worked, nobody as far as I know stated i had to hit enter for the S6 button before storing it. I assumed once I scrolled through the FS block and my block icon was showing S6 ,I was good to go and just store it. Thanks again Rex ,what an easy fix. Will contact Fractal and explain the breakdown in my process in case in the future this happens to someone else.

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you Rex .....you truly are a legend! That worked, nobody as far as I know stated i had to hit enter for the S6 button before storing it. I assumed once I scrolled through the FS block and my block icon was showing S6 ,I was good to go and just store it. Thanks again Rex ,what an easy fix. Will contact Fractal and explain the breakdown in my process in case in the future this happens to someone else.
Cool! I love it when a fix comes together. ;) I'm glad you're rolling again. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom