Wish [Hypothetical] AX10: 4 wishes (circa 2018)

Philip34

Experienced
1) Ten IA footswitches, plus the F-switches, w/ scribble strips for each

2) USB audio streaming

3) 1/4" stereo headphone jack, 1/8" stereo aux input

4) 25% more FX CPU, 25% more Cab block CPU
- with this extra cup, bring to the AX10 cab block: Room reverb, Motor Drive, Air, preamp section

I am extremely happy with my AX8. These are merely suggestions for a future potential successor to the amazing AX8, that I feel wouldn't jack up the price more than $200 (I hope that's accurate).

10 additional LCD screens and the firmware to make them work, a more expensive USB component, 2 additional stereo input/output, and a more powerful CPU for only $200 more? wow!

cab and fx run off same CPU. Don't think a processor's even exist that are that much stronger than the ones we currently have without needing to be cooled

I hope they either go full on AxeFx 2 XL+ / MFC in a combined unit

OR

A simple AX pedal with just amp and cab sims with an effects loop. I would still love to integrate my strymons into my setup but I'm just a shade too lazy since the AxeFx effects are so good.

10 additional LCD screens and the firmware to make them work, a more expensive USB component, 2 additional stereo input/output, and a more powerful CPU for only $200 more? wow!

Yeah, I didn't think that through too much. LCD scribble strips alone would be $200-250, then $50-75 for USB & I/O upgrades, then $150 for better cpu. Total about $400-450 more ($1850). Since I play 4-5 times per week, I would pay that in a heartbeat!

Resurrecting this thread since it's NAMM time :D

Joking apart, lately I was reading some old Cliff's statements about incresing the processing power by adding another dsp chip and he basically said that it's not feasible cuz it would increase latency.
But what if the additional dsp is used only to process the wet side of reverbs and delays? For those latency is not a problem at all since adding latency is exactly their purpose :)
That could potentially double the available cpu

I actually want Fractal to make a MFC with the guts of an Axe Fx inside of it! I think they have more than enough space in there to do it no? Now THAT would be the correct bigger brother of an AX8 :)

I actually want Fractal to make a MFC with the guts of an Axe Fx inside of it! I think they have more than enough space in there to do it no? Now THAT would be the correct bigger brother of an AX8 :)

Hmm, the AxeFx requires active cooling. Being a floor board what do you think where the occasional beer shower will go?

I find myself occasionally wanting the opposite of this wish. I'd love to have several small Fractal-powered pedals, like an AX1 (with just amp+cab), an FX4 (with 4 effect slots), and a DL1 (Fractal Delay block in pedal form). All with several knobs, USB editing, standard MIDI control, and minimal footswitch footprint.

I love the superb sound quality, flexibility, programmability and regular improvements of Fractal gear. Sometimes I don't love the aesthetics of a bulky multi-fx floorboard.

Last edited:
I find myself occasionally wanting the opposite of this wish. I'd love to have several small Fractal-powered pedals, like an AX1 (with just amp+cab), an FX4 (with 4 effect slots), and a DL1 (Fractal Delay block in pedal form). All with several knobs, USB editing, standard MIDI control, and minimal footswitch footprint.

I love the superb sound quality, flexibility, programmability and regular improvements of Fractal gear. Sometimes I don't love the aesthetics of a bulky multi-fx floorboard.
This would be great too and imho would attract many many users in Fractal-Land

Chris, don't underestimate the power of the Chinese production line, i bet anything is possible!;)

Hope it supports 4K streaming... :p

Now, seriously... The only thing I'm missing in my AX8 is reamping and maybe a lil' bit of CPU power to bring the Pitch block on par with the Axe. Other than that, the AX8 already gave me what I wanted and more since I ditched my half-stack - pedalboard rig.

Back
Top Bottom