Playing an Axe/FX II Has Ruined NAMM For me

stringrazor

Inspired
I've been going to the winter NAMM show most every year since the mid 80s. Almost every year I come home jonesin' for a great new box of TONE that I if I just had I could be so much better. Now, I hear all those great tones from the new boxes at the show and just think, yeah that's in the Axe too.

There's always more guitars... :D

Group-shot-2.jpg

Last edited:
I've been going to the winter NAMM show most every year since the mid 80s. Almost every year I come home jonesin' for a great new box of TONE that I if I just had I could be so much better. Now, I hear all those great tones from the new boxes at the show and just think, yeah that's in the Axe too.
Funny, my guitar stable has grows to take up the slack in G.A.S. purchases since acquiring the Axe Fx II !

I used to be a real pedal solder jockey before using the Axe. I have 4 huge banana boxes full of pedals that I built, on average 4 a month, sometimes 6 or more. Previously the idea that I might be using what I built was enough to motivate me. Even though 9 out of 10 times most new pedals never made it onto my pedal board. It was mostly building things for the sake of building things. Now that I have the Axe however I've lost the urge to build as I KNOW that nothing will ever make it into my Axe rig. There's just no point anymore, not even for the sake of building. I find myself with sudden monthly disposable cash again. I've even found the time to take up writing fan fiction again.

Thankfully I still build guitars though.:cool:

I am grateful that Fractal cured my terminal case of GAS. It makes me think FAS should make a commercial with a faith healer smacking gear heads on the forhead, and yelling "PRAISE the AxeFX, let the GAS demon COME OUT, LEAVE this poor gear head you EVIL GAS DEMON!!!".

I used to be a real pedal solder jockey before using the Axe. I have 4 huge banana boxes full of pedals that I built, on average 4 a month, sometimes 6 or more. Previously the idea that I might be using what I built was enough to motivate me. Even though 9 out of 10 times most new pedals never made it onto my pedal board. It was mostly building things for the sake of building things. Now that I have the Axe however I've lost the urge to build as I KNOW that nothing will ever make it into my Axe rig. There's just no point anymore, not even for the sake of building. I find myself with sudden monthly disposable cash again. I've even found the time to take up writing fan fiction again.

Thankfully I still build guitars though.:cool:

This is precisely the reason I got into Scuba diving this year. I have a strat, Tele, Les Paul, epiphone Joe pass for Jazz stuff and an Axe-fx and AX8, there is not much more I need. So I got into scuba. I just got every thing there as well. Mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit, hood, Regulator set with computer, bcd and finally tank. I'm also about to pay for my Daughter's wedding. Crap they are not cheap. The most I will ever pay for a 5 hour event. It's like honey are you sure you want to do it in October on a Saturday... A saturday in October in Arizona, is a mint. For the record I wen to the justice of the peace. I wasn't going to fork out 20 to 30,000 dollars on myself.

I just discovered the AC 30watt IR along with a DIV 13 amp and huge reverb.
I'm done!

I do often get pedal envy though. I'd love a pedal board. They look so cool and they're all named in a way that just makes me want to buy one.
Maybe what we need is a Midi foot controller that LOOKS like a real pedal board! then Cliff can just name the pedal in the axe with some creative licence :)

Does Fractal not do anything for NAMM? I kinda assumed they would all be there....

I saw this thread and wanted to just throw my opinion in on this. Honestly even though I do love my Axe, looking at every amp you see saying axe has it isn't how you should view those amps. I still get nostalgia over playing a vintage amp. Even though my axe has a friedman model its still awesome to play a real one. We all as guitar players are gear nuts, and just you get that feeling of playing some amps just because they are the real deal. But to each there own :D

Same here. Just no longer interested and I'm delighted! Life is much simpler. And cheaper. And my current guitars sound SO good through the Axe-Fx, nothing tempts me. I expect to get kicked off TGP for such a confession...

Agreed. The only thing I lust after is guitars. The Axe covers everything amp related. I wouldn't mind trying another cab sometime, but I'm in no rush. The Port City is pretty amazing.

This is precisely the reason I got into Scuba diving this year. I have a strat, Tele, Les Paul, epiphone Joe pass for Jazz stuff and an Axe-fx and AX8, there is not much more I need. So I got into scuba. I just got every thing there as well. Mask, fins, snorkel, wetsuit, hood, Regulator set with computer, bcd and finally tank. I'm also about to pay for my Daughter's wedding. Crap they are not cheap. The most I will ever pay for a 5 hour event. It's like honey are you sure you want to do it in October on a Saturday... A saturday in October in Arizona, is a mint. For the record I wen to the justice of the peace. I wasn't going to fork out 20 to 30,000 dollars on myself.

So happy I have 3 boys. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom