[NOT A BUG] Upgrade to 6.03 Modeling version parameter doesn't appear

leon1991

I just upgraded my axe to the new firmware only because the release note say that "the existing presets will not be affected...modeling version parameter are set by default to the original modeling version".
But after the upgrading the Modeling version parameter just disappear....both in the amp block and in the global menu...there is not "modeling Version" parameter anymore...Why???????

If you have a pre XL model , modeling versions are default latest only, by a firmware change to keep older units able to update.

I have an axe fx II standard....I can't understand.
I was in firmware Quantum 3 and all works the "modeling version" parameter was there, i could switch from one version to the other.
When I upgrade to firmware 6.03 the parameter totally disappear, and in the release note they didn't write about this change.
They wrote that " This update will NOT change the sound of existing presets as the amp modeling version will automatically be set to the version when the preset was created. To use the new amp modeling set the Modeling Version parameter in the Amp block to “Latest”. When selecting new amp models the Modeling Version will be set according to the Default Modeling Version in the Global menu."
So why that "modeling version" parameter totally disappear???
I want it back.

I have an axe fx II standard....I can't understand.
I was in firmware Quantum 3 and all works the "modeling version" parameter was there, i could switch from one version to the other.
When I upgrade to firmware 6.03 the parameter totally disappear, and in the release note they didn't write about this change.
They wrote that " This update will NOT change the sound of existing presets as the amp modeling version will automatically be set to the version when the preset was created. To use the new amp modeling set the Modeling Version parameter in the Amp block to “Latest”. When selecting new amp models the Modeling Version will be set according to the Default Modeling Version in the Global menu."
So why that "modeling version" parameter totally disappear???
I want it back.
Then go back to a firmware before 6.0, or buy an XL, or get used to the fact that FAS made this change for the benefit of users of outdated units could still upgrade. Unfortunately for you, these are your only choices if you feel you need that feature..

From the release notes with Quantum 6.00:
  • NOTE: This update will NOT change the sound of existing presets as the amp modeling version will automatically be set to the version when the preset was created. To use the new amp modeling set the Modeling Version parameter in the Amp block to “Latest”. When selecting new amp models the Modeling Version will be set according to the Default Modeling Version in the Global menu. This option is only available on XL and XL+ models.
If you want more information, search the forum. It's been covered in detail. It was necessary to make room for other improvements.

I'm not wrong, This is the release notes that comes with the 6.03.
it contains all the history of quantum firmwares releases, from 1 to 6.03. Can you find those words?

Attachments

• Quantum_Release_Notes.pdf
    178.7 KB · Views: 12
  • If you want more information, search the forum. It's been covered in detail. It was necessary to make room for other improvements.[/QUOTE]
Yek said it very well, Leon. Please search the forum to find more information, as everyone here does.
When you've done that, and informed yourself about the changes generously made on our behalf, please consider deleting this thread. This change, made by Cliff, WAS NOT A BUG, but rather a VERY GENEROUS, FREE MODIFICATION made on behalf of owners of older units, such as ourselves.

• If you want more information, search the forum. It's been covered in detail. It was necessary to make room for other improvements.
Yek said it very well, Leon. Please search the forum to find more information, as everyone here does.
When you've done that, and informed yourself about the changes generously made on our behalf, please consider deleting this thread. This change, made by Cliff, WAS NOT A BUG, but rather a VERY GENEROUS, FREE MODIFICATION made on behalf of owners of older units, such as ourselves.[/QUOTE]
----THIS!!!!! I'm outta here.

Of course.
But i hope they will correct this misleading release notes for all the axe holders that are in a similar situation.
Few words that can prevent an useless waste of time!
Thank you man!

• If you want more information, search the forum. It's been covered in detail. It was necessary to make room for other improvements.
When you've done that, and informed yourself about the changes generously made on our behalf, please consider deleting this thread. This change, made by Cliff, WAS NOT A BUG, but rather a VERY GENEROUS, FREE MODIFICATION made on behalf of owners of older units, such as ourselves.[/QUOTE]

I'm not a real forum guy. I read the release note and there is a missing part that lead to confusion and misunderstanding.
It's not a bug, is a human mistake, but this is something wrong anyway.
So why i should delete this thread?

Back
Top Bottom