FX8-Edit not updating effect blocks on FX8

MusicManJP6

Inspired
I'm new to the FX-8 (used to own an AXE FX Standard 7 years ago), and having a strange issue using the editor. If I change an effect type for a block from FX8-Edit, it does not update the block on the FX8. If I change block 2 from drive to chorus, the DRV block becomes greyed out on the FX8. If I then change block 1 to drive, it changes block 2 back to drive, and then block 1 starts controlling block 2. If I ignore the FX8 not keeping up with the effect block changes, I can use the editor to do any editing at all, and I can hear it all just fine. It just doesn't reflect the changes on the FX8, and goofs up the footswitches. What am I missing here??

You are seeing the Footswitch page on the FX8. The grayed out block on the FX8 is showing you that in the original preset, that footswitch was assigned to a Drive block that no longer exists since you changed it to a Chorus block. When you assign the Chorus to that position in the footswitch menu, it will no longer be grayed out.

Ok, that makes sense I guess. I checked the config page this morning while changing a block in editor, and it does update the block there. I assumed it would be smart enough to assign the proper effect to the footswitch I am editing. Is there a way to update the footswitch assignment from the editor? Ideally, I would like it to just automatically change the footswitch to match the effect block when I change it in the editor.

Yes, there is a separate footswitch grid in the editor. Press the "Footswitches" button.

Ok, that makes sense I guess. I checked the config page this morning while changing a block in editor, and it does update the block there. I assumed it would be smart enough to assign the proper effect to the footswitch I am editing. Is there a way to update the footswitch assignment from the editor? Ideally, I would like it to just automatically change the footswitch to match the effect block when I change it in the editor.
The FX8 originally worked that way and I wish it could be re-implemented as an option in the footswitch page (I did put it in the Wish List several months ago). I use the FX8 primarily in the old stompbox mode so I have to basically have to configure each preset twice. It is a bit of a pain but I've adjusted, the FX8 is worth it to me.

The FX8 originally worked that way and I wish it could be re-implemented as an option in the footswitch page (I did put it in the Wish List several months ago). I use the FX8 primarily in the old stompbox mode so I have to basically have to configure each preset twice. It is a bit of a pain but I've adjusted, the FX8 is worth it to me.

That would definitely be a convenient feature! I'm on my way now that I've realized how that part works. That was a show stopper there for a minute. Seems obvious now, but this is a pretty complicated unit! It is so worth it for the tidiness, mesmerizing effects, and flexible routing options. The sky is the limit with this thing it seems, and it replaced so many pedals, cables, and adapters on my previous board that I had to use to get to the same end result. I saw the B-stock price and couldn't resist! It's been a dream MFX since it was released, but I had to wait for the price to come down to justify it.

I agree, the FX8 has more than earned its keep and I'm glad you're getting used to and enjoying yours. The learning curve is a bit steep, it's the only piece of gear I've owned that I really had to dig into the manual and ask questions to get to know how to use it. I paid the original price for mine and the only way I was able to afford it was to take a leap and sell some of the pedals I was hoping it would replace. I got lucky and bought mine just before the long wait at the the end of 2015 so paying a bit more was worth not having to wait months to get it.

With the exception of a couple of overdrives, I haven't used any other pedals live or at home since I bought the FX8. Now that I've updated to the latest firmware I don't use any other drives which makes the FX8 an all-in-one solution for me. It amazes me that I haven't had to make any compromises as far as the quality of effects. I look at the FX8 as a virtual boutique guitar shop filled with any effect I could ever want. It's been easy for me to justify as it's replaced every effect I've sold without compromise and given me many others as well. The sky is the limit indeed!

That would definitely be a convenient feature! I'm on my way now that I've realized how that part works. That was a show stopper there for a minute. Seems obvious now, but this is a pretty complicated unit! It is so worth it for the tidiness, mesmerizing effects, and flexible routing options. The sky is the limit with this thing it seems, and it replaced so many pedals, cables, and adapters on my previous board that I had to use to get to the same end result. I saw the B-stock price and couldn't resist! It's been a dream MFX since it was released, but I had to wait for the price to come down to justify it.
I pounced on the B-Stock deal too. My shipment will arrive on Monday! Can't wait to pair it with my JP-2C!

I just ordered mine yesterday and it's already en route...looking forward to chatting with you guys about this! I'm replacing all my pedals with this and to switch channels on my Bogner Ecstasy 101B.

Right out of the box, the FX8 is the bomb. Setup in minutes, levels are perfect, and I'll have full control of my MESA JP-2C via MIDI. The FX and layout are the same as my AX8. Couldn't be happier. FAS must be super picky, because I can't find a single blemish on the unit. Grab one while you can!

Right out of the box, the FX8 is the bomb. Setup in minutes, levels are perfect, and I'll have full control of my MESA JP-2C via MIDI. The FX and layout are the same as my AX8. Couldn't be happier. FAS must be super picky, because I can't find a single blemish on the unit. Grab one while you can!

Same here! No blemish whatsoever as far as I can tell.

The FX8 works really well with Mesa amps. I'm running in stereo to a Mini Rectifier and Mark V:25. It's mesmerizing!

That reminds me... *signature updated*...

Back
Top Bottom