Tube Driver EQ settings

hyunil

Hi guys,

A big fan of Pink Floyd / David Gilmour here. (Well, who isn't?) I am trying to create a preset for Gilmour's tone from Coming Back To Life from P.U.L.S.E. tour. I referred mainly to the settings gilmourish.com put out a while ago and things are going great... except for the Tube Driver settings. I read that for pedals that has EQ knobs instead of Tone knob, I'd have to adjust the EQ section of the drive block, and that's what I did. However it doesn't look like the 4k tube driver's EQ has 1 to 1 matching to the actual pedal because when I change the knobs, things change way to dramatically compared to the real pedal. Too bad I don't have the real pedal anymore, but does anyone have any tips or sources I can refer to in terms of the knob settings of the 4k tube driver?

Coincidentally there's a guy on Facebook who's posted a couple of vids this morning of him playing this exact song using this pedal in the AX8

Theres a fair few people askiing him to post his settings

Take a look on the AX8 Facebook forums

Coincidentally there's a guy on Facebook who's posted a couple of vids this morning of him playing this exact song using this pedal in the AX8

Theres a fair few people askiing him to post his settings

Take a look on the AX8 Facebook forums

Cool, thanks!

Yeah that guy's preset is amazing! However I still do want to know the relationships between the real Tube Driver pedal's knobs and fractal's. :)
I created just a few days ago a couple of blocks to match my friend's chandler tube driver, used a peq post drive and the tonematch block to tune the controls at various positions. I'll send it as soon as I get home ;)

Sorry guys, the other day I completely forgot to post it :(
Here it is!

Instructions: the controls to use as eq are Gain1 and Gain5 on the PEQ block. In the real pedal the excursion of the treble knob is more than 30db so to mimic it also turn up the treble knob in the drive block (together with Gain5 in the PEQ) when you want to go past noon.

Disclaimer: this is not an exact copy of the eq, I just tweaked and compared the knobs of an original Butler TD in various positions but it's not exactly the same in every position, just close enough to that specific pedal.

If someone has a real tube driver please let me know how it compares to this ;)

Attachments

• Tube Driver EQ(AX8).syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 14
Sorry guys, the other day I completely forgot to post it :(
Here it is!

Instructions: the controls to use as eq are Gain1 and Gain5 on the PEQ block. In the real pedal the excursion of the treble knob is more than 30db so to mimic it also turn up the treble knob in the drive block (together with Gain5 in the PEQ) when you want to go past noon.

Disclaimer: this is not an exact copy of the eq, I just tweaked and compared the knobs of an original Butler TD in various positions but it's not exactly the same in every position, just close enough to that specific pedal.

If someone has a real tube driver please let me know how it compares to this ;)

Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom