Shadows Presets - Quantum 6

StratnVox

Inspired
As Cliff and the FAS team release firmware upgrades, I have been experimenting with the new sounds. Thanks again for your continuing efforts for excellence.

Since Quantum 6, I find it easier to achieve the vintage Vox sounds using less blocks and configuration. The result is this latest release of my presets which I encourage anyone to download to hear the sound and if you like it, use it or modify it to your taste.

These presets make heavy use of Multi-Delay Tape Echo. Lead guitarist the Shadows, Hank Marvin (voted #4 Best Alltime British Guitarist) pioneered a unique sound using an Italian Tape echo machine called Meazzi Echomatic in the early 1960's. Together with Norrie Paramor from EMI using Abbey Road studios, they produced a sound that encouraged hundreds to pick up a guitar and form bands.

The contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 56 preset files and a spreadsheet in 2 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes in backing track order and the preset to use.

Please note that these presets require Axe-Fx II with Firmware Quantum 6.02 or later and have been exported from an Axe-Fx II.

There are a number of early attempts to achieve Shadows presets in AxeChange. Please use these instead.

Shadows Presets

Please enjoy and as always feedback is welcome.

Thank you for sharing StratnVox! Unfortunately I only have an Ultra Ax-fx so I can't use the presets directly. I hope to get an Axe II or later model someday so thought I'd snag these while I can to save for later. I may DL a current version of Axe-edit just to view the patches and try to transpose over ideas and routing to the Ultra. I've had some good luck in the past transposing patches especially with getting ideas for the effect blocks. These are close to the same as the newest units at least in controls if not sound quality. Anyway, hope you don't mind me going to school on these as I love Hank Marvin's guitar sounds even to use in other types of music.

Thank you for sharing StratnVox! Unfortunately I only have an Ultra Ax-fx so I can't use the presets directly. I hope to get an Axe II or later model someday so thought I'd snag these while I can to save for later. I may DL a current version of Axe-edit just to view the patches and try to transpose over ideas and routing to the Ultra. I've had some good luck in the past transposing patches especially with getting ideas for the effect blocks. These are close to the same as the newest units at least in controls if not sound quality. Anyway, hope you don't mind me going to school on these as I love Hank Marvin's guitar sounds even to use in other types of music.
No problems. I hope you have some success with your Ultra but the recent firmware is quite different to the version of firmware I received with the FX II almost 3 years ago.
As I mentioned in the OP, the quality of the AMP's since Quantum is so real it is now easier to get the sounds even if the sounds I'm trying to emulate were recorded over 50 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom