Why no AX8 Recordings area???

JerEvil

Inspired
Not sure if this has been asked before but seems odd that area is not here for posting clips.

Do people just stick them in the AxeII area?

I have put a few recordings in this forum and in the recordings section simultaneously. It gets more attention here. I also think, that many AX8 users don't browse all of the AF2 forums. I don't. I do look in the recordings section, since I find that particularly interesting.

Perhaps, it would make sense, to exclude Sub-Forums and move them to a upper root directory (General topics?), which adresses different FAS hardware units? So, recording section, User cabs (actually, there is a cab topic, redunant to the one in the Axe-II area?), etc.... maybe by adding a thread prefix selection (AX8, Axe-Fx II / XL, ... later on FAS Amp plugin, who knows, family grows......?!)

I have put a few recordings in this forum and in the recordings section simultaneously. It gets more attention here. I also think, that many AX8 users don't browse all of the AF2 forums. I don't. I do look in the recordings section, since I find that particularly interesting.

To chime in I don't bother with the other post areas either as I'm a AX8 user so no need for me to check out product areas that i don't own...I do however enjoy all of the media posts people are uploading or linking to this AX8 site and find them to be quite enjoyable....

I was going to upload some videos / recordings this week - do you just start a new thread in the AX8 general discussions? Not sure I understand the etiquette or protocol yet.

Somewhat off topic but in the same line why not a youtube link thread section? This way one can show case any video content that pertains to FAS products. Posting them in the recording section can be cumbersome to find after a while.

Last edited:
Somewhat off topic but in the same line why not a youtube link thread section? This way one can show case any video content that pertains to FAS products. Posting then in the recording section can be cumbersome to find after a while.
Now there's an idea that just too on point!

It would be cool to add a root directory for Effects too. I have an AX8 & an FX8. When I have time I have browse multiple sub forms to see what people are doing with Effects.
I have been advocating this idea in a few different threads. I think, several of the AFX subsections would work better as cross-platform sections. Your example with FX is great. I can think of at least five different subforums to search, if you are looking for compressor settings. But every time it comes up, I get the impression that the AFX guys are quite set in their ways - A bit like tube amp guys actually :p

(I do understand that re-organizing a forum as massive as this one is an almost impossible task, and many threads would end up in places that did not really make sense. Starting over with a fresh forum is not really an option either, since sooooo much valuable information would get lost.)

Yes, on several occasions I've posted an outline for a new forum structure, but the transition would be quite the challenge.

Why not just add a sticky thread for media posts? that shouldn't be much of an administrative burden... Or how about allowing each community member have a home page where they could post their media under their profile, that all shouldn't be too much of a configuration burden I wouldn't think.

Why not just add a sticky thread for media posts? that shouldn't be much of an administrative burden... Or how about allowing each community member have a home page where they could post their media under their profile, that all shouldn't be too much of a configuration burden I wouldn't think.

A sticky would be an easy fix to the problems listed in this thread, good idea!

The home page idea I think might be a little cumbersome. Trying to find things from each member wouldn't be the easiest. Having things like Youtube vid's in their own thread that have been stickied would make searching a much easier task.

Back
Top Bottom