Some tips or settings for ducking delay?

That's the question!!! I guess the key is set the threshold correctly so the repeats get higher when playing softly and only in that instant...is it correct? But If I set the threshold too much up or too much down there will be no change in the delay...

That's the question!!! I guess the key is set the threshold correctly so the repeats get higher when playing softly and only in that instant...is it correct? But If I set the threshold too much up or too much down there will be no change in the delay...

Try setting the mix high and the ducking amount really high, 15db or more.

Just to see if the threshold is working like expected.

Are you running the delay block serial or parallel?

(ok what i ment was "set" the threshold correctly).... LOL

Yes, but in a thread where someone is having a problem getting something work asking, "Have you set it up correctly?" is problematic. Explicit instructions like "turn it up", or "turn it down" are better, but they need to be interpreted literally.

I run it in serial

If the guitar signal is above the threshold, then changing the threshold clockwise, won't change anything.

What amount of ducking are you applying? I can hear 3-6dB of delay ducking pretty easily. I would normally run my delay block serial with the mix in the 12% range.

My ducking settings are almost always -40db threshold, 4 to 6db ducking amount, 10ms release.

Yes, but in a thread where someone is having a problem getting something work asking, "Have you set it up correctly?" is problematic. Explicit instructions like "turn it up", or "turn it down" are better, but they need to be interpreted literally.
@StickMan I have never used the ducking delay. I was trying to suggest something to help and then tried to quantify against your suggestion which implied more knowledge than mine. My reason for highlighting the threshold is that I have seen a lot of similar posts in various forums over a long time where the person has no idea "that kind of control" (which can fundamentally affect these kind of situations) exists.

Back
Top Bottom