New User, 2 Dumb Questions

bobdole

Hi guys,

My Axe FX arrived yesterday and I didn't get to play with it until after a long day of work, so I'm afraid in my hurry to set it up I either glossed over the answer to my questions or misconfigured something... I have the Axe FX XL+, MFC 101, and the EV1 pedal. Here are the two questions:

1) On the MFC 101, when I cycle thru presets with the up/down buttons it seems to skip 5 at a time, how can I set it to step thru all of the presets 1 by 1?

2) This problem is a little bit harder to articulate - I set up the EV1 as an external modifier so I could use it as a wah pedal, but I somehow managed to globally link extern 1 as a modifier, so now even when the wah block isn't active in a block the pedal still activates a wah effect. I uploaded screenshots hope that will illustrate.

TIA for responses.axe 1.PNG axe 2.PNG

You'll definitely need to leave Auto Engage 'on' or else the EV1 won't work for Wah (it's a straight Expression pedal so doesn't have a toe switch to set up to actively engage the wah block). The various 'Speeds' of Auto Engage are down to personal preference.

1st very important step with any Exp Pedal initial setup : Have you calibrated the EV1 with the MFC? (Sect. 7.1 in MFC 101 manual)

Once thats done you then should ensure your wah block (with External 1 modifier attached) is bypassed and your EV1 is at full heel down position when the preset is saved.

If you have the (calibrated!) pedal at full heel down position it should not engage (un-bypass) the Wah block until it travels 5% ('Off Value' in modifier screen) in the toe down travel direction and then the remaining 95% of 'toe' travel will be used to modify the Wah control in the Min/Max Range you have specified in the Modifier screen.

Back
Top Bottom