Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 4.01 Public Beta

I haven't seen any MKI/II owners "demanding" anything (granted I don't read every thread though)....well other than the one guy who lost his damn mind or was really bad at being sarcastic.

Do you all really want to know what the problem is? The fact that none of us clearly know for sure. That's all I was trying to do when I made my little thread asking whether I understood the facts as they were. If there are no more updates then it was bound to happen eventually, but if there is a way to continue enjoying the updates (and I do) then of course I'd like to. Am I spoiled because of that? Maybe. Am I demanding because of that? No.

I'd just like to know and we'll all find out one way or the other.

In the meantime, the Hook amp is just ridiculous.

Which cab are you using with it?
It's a user IR; not sure which pack it's from, but it's labeled: 4x12 Pre-Rola GB C414 C. Ironically I was looking it up and found out that there is one very similar in the factory (F069) and may even be the same one....in which case I'm wasting a user slot. :)

It's a user IR; not sure which pack it's from, but it's labeled: 4x12 Pre-Rola GB C414 C. Ironically I was looking it up and found out that there is one very similar in the factory (F069) and may even be the same one....in which case I'm wasting a user slot. :)

Thanks, sasha. I'll try 069 and see how it sounds with my LP.

4x12 Marshall Mode Four loaded with V30s from the Heavy Hitters Collection by Ownhammer.

I have that collection and will give that one a shot, as well. Thanks.

Last edited:
I haven't seen any MKI/II owners "demanding" anything (granted I don't read every thread though)....well other than the one guy who lost his damn mind or was really bad at being sarcastic.

Do you all really want to know what the problem is? The fact that none of us clearly know for sure. That's all I was trying to do when I made my little thread asking whether I understood the facts as they were. If there are no more updates then it was bound to happen eventually, but if there is a way to continue enjoying the updates (and I do) then of course I'd like to. Am I spoiled because of that? Maybe. Am I demanding because of that? No.

I'd just like to know and we'll all find out one way or the other.

In the meantime, the Hook amp is just ridiculous.

I have read EVERY comment on this thread (including your comments saying my opinion is "silly") and therefore I must presume that you are referring to me as the mad man, to paraphrase, since no one else offered a strong rebuttal to your pithy critiques. Sticks and stones brother. Still, I agree that we do not have enough knowledge and I have learned much here on the Forum. It is my understanding that only 4 modeling programs can be stored so that ultimately one's favorite will be lost after several updates. If this is inaccurate, please let me know. I have actually followed many of your comments on the Forum and you are obviously an extremely talented musician. I apologize for upsetting you and will calm my future comments. (If I am not the mad man in question - I most certainly fit the bill now!).

Which cab are you using with it?

If you haven't got 2x12 ML Zilla Cab Pack you can try the factory ir F118 (Legend or so is it called) which I found very good. But mainly I use with the Hook from ML Zilla 2 ir's in a stero cab :

L = ML Zilla Misha 02 Warm
R = ML Zilla Misha 07 All Cream

Sounds great.

Here is my patch: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4813

I have read EVERY comment on this thread (including your comments saying my opinion is "silly") and therefore I must presume that you are referring to me as the mad man, to paraphrase, since no one else offered a strong rebuttal to your pithy critiques. Sticks and stones brother. Still, I agree that we do not have enough knowledge and I have learned much here on the Forum. It is my understanding that only 4 modeling programs can be stored so that ultimately one's favorite will be lost after several updates. If this is inaccurate, please let me know. I have actually followed many of your comments on the Forum and you are obviously an extremely talented musician. I apologize for upsetting you and will calm my future comments. (If I am not the mad man in question - I most certainly fit the bill now!).
I don't think it was you. There was someone who posted a rant and told Fractal to f**k off.

If you haven't got 2x12 ML Zilla Cab Pack you can try the factory ir F118 (Legend or so is it called) which I found very good. But mainly I use with the Hook from ML Zilla 2 ir's in a stero cab :

L = ML Zilla Misha 02 Warm
R = ML Zilla Misha 07 All Cream

Sounds great.

Here is my patch: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=4813
I'm using with the vintage green cream mix from this pack and it kills

wow! there're certainly a lot of lively discussion in this fw thread and in the spin-off threads as well.
i can only speak for myself here on the touchy topic of possibly this being the last update for the mki/ii.

i got my mk ii unit sometime in mid 2012 and fell head over heels with it as it was the best thing i've ever had my hands on, signal processing wise.
tones sounded great out of the firmware then (which was 6 if my memory served me correct).
the pleasant surprise was the fw updates+new amps kept coming!
my thoughts then was: this company is great!
the news of the xl broke a year and a half later and i saw the writing on the wall: it was just a matter of time before the mk ii goes into the "ultra" fate.
but no! the new amps and stuff kept coming!
and then about a year later in early 2015, the xl+ was announced.
surely this must be it, i thought.
and what happened? we made it to 2016, with quantum fw thrown in for good measure.
does my unit sound awesome now? yes.
did it sound awesome before fw 7 was issued in 2012? yes.
i'm contented to use it as it is now until it gives up its ghost.
then i'll look around for what fractal has to offer then, which, based on my last 4 years of experience, will be awesome.
but until then, i'll be enjoying my mk ii and not keep chasing for the next update... well, mainly cause the f5 on my keyboard is damaged.

The Capt Hook Rhy with the TV Mix #1 sounds excellent. "Complex" was a great term to describe its overdrive characteristics.

Great playing!
That's exactly my style.
And a little bit of southern rock in it, I think.
Congrats!

I even own a Cabronita; with FilterTrons.
Great guitar; I like it very much.
I think, I have to test the Hook far more.
The rhythm channel is very fine.

Kind regards
Mike

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_Quantum_4p01beta.syx

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_xl_Quantum_4p01beta.syx

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/Quantum/4.0/axefx2_xlplus_Quantum_4p01beta.syx

Release Notes:

Added “Legato 100” amp model based on a certain famous Carvin Legacy 100.

Added “Capt Hook” amp models based on a Hook Captain Classic 34. This amp uses a mu follower which yields a complex distortion with smooth decay. The “Rhy” model is based on channel 2 and the “Lead” model is based on channel 3. Both channels are modeled with the Edge switch on and the Boost switch off. To simulate the Boost switch use the Boost switch in the amp block as it has the same amount of gain.

Improved diode clipping algorithms in Drive block.

Fixed tone stack error in Recto 2 amp models.

Changed Presence knob taper in Recto1 Norm and Recto2 Vntg models to match actual amps.

Changed behavior of Amp block’s Preamp Comp when set to “Ideal” so that compression amount is roughly the same as when set to “Authentic”. If you are using the Ideal setting on a preset you may need to increase the Preamp Comp parameter value.

Back
Top Bottom