Building new rig JP2C + AX8

Se7en

Inspired
I've been AxeFx2 user since 2012/02 and it has been a great journey with all the possibilities and firmware improvements so I ended up selling all my amps/gear.

I do still miss the real amp, smell of tubes and easy access to knobs and raw amp-in-the-room sound. I want to keep my preset simple and use few effects/amp-sims. I’ve tried to explore more amps but I seem to dial all amps to sound the about the same =)

My plan is to buy a JP2C and 4CM with AX8. JP2C seems to suite my perfectly and has 3 separate channels/2 EQs/midi and my main-to-go IIC+ sound.

With the AX8 I have 4CM and midi-switching and I still have the option to use AX8 without JP2C and run direct and even same recording possibilities if I want.

Does anyone have tried this setup?

(When I bought my Axe FX2 Mark I tried 4CM with my amps but it didn't worked well. It was a small hiss and tone sucking but if I remember correctly Cliff redesigned the input (?) for Mark 2 gen)

Last edited:
You mention fx8 a few times, I think you mean ax8?
Similar, but not the same - no amp sims or running direct with the ax8.

Otherwise, 4cm with ax8 and jp2c should be a great set up.
You'll always have the same cab sound, but that's not necessarily a negative, depends how/ where you want to use it.

This is my setup. However, I'd recommend the FX8 Mark II for use with the JP-2C. Using Humbuster and Mogami cables I still experienced high-end roll-off in my tone. You maybe able to EQ the high-end back, but the FX8 offers unity gain, true bypass, faster editing, and top quality I/O to tube amps. I prefer to connect direct to the power amp and turn off the AX8 power amp simulations and bypass the cabs until I buy an FRFR speaker (looking at Friedman or Matrix). I plan to purchase the FX8 Mark II for use with the JP-2C in the fall/winter.

Back
Top Bottom