Auto Wah In "What I am"

boardwlk17

Power User
Song-Edit Brickell and the new bohemians
"What I Am"
Anyone know how to program an "auto wah" I think that's what it is in the solo of this song

Yek said:
My favorite settings for the past year or so:

FILTER block (before Amp)

Lowpass

Order: 4th

Frequency attached to Envelope

Frequency modifier settings:
Min 120.3, Max 9.983
Start 0, Mid 40.3, End 100
Order: 4th

Q attached to Envelope

Q modifier settings:
Min 9.058, Max 0.673
Start 0, Mid 43.6, End 100

Envelope settings:
Threshold -100
Attack 17.31
Release 5.42
Gain 1.27

Source: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/auto-wah-tip.62506/

It's an envelope filter. The settings above look like they'd sound close. I'm sorry you have to play this song.

It's not that terrible.
The trick to enjoy playing it is to basically sleep for the most part (or maybe check the audience for pretty ladies) until the solo comes in.

It's not that terrible.
The trick to enjoy playing it is to basically sleep for the most part (or maybe check the audience for pretty ladies) until the solo comes in.
You mean check to see if there still is an audience?
This song is prime, take a leak & grab another beer, (or two if it's the 9 min Charlie Hunter version) time. :cool:

I still wish for a dedicated Auto Wah block in the AF2, I have tried setting it up as I have seen people suggest but I can never get the sensitivity set right. I am sure that I am doing something not right, but a dedicated auto wah block with an actual sensitivity knob would remedy that.

I still wish for a dedicated Auto Wah block in the AF2, I have tried setting it up as I have seen people suggest but I can never get the sensitivity set right. I am sure that I am doing something not right, but a dedicated auto wah block with an actual sensitivity knob would remedy that.
The envelope filter has the knob you desire on it already.

Is that the same as the filter block? I've always just tried with the Wah block, or at least for the last year. Of course by saying I've always tried what I really mean is the 3 or 4 times I've tried then just given up.

Is that the same as the filter block? I've always just tried with the Wah block, or at least for the last year. Of course by saying I've always tried what I really mean is the 3 or 4 times I've tried then just given up.
The envelope filter is used in both cases, yes. It's what used to detect and alter the parameters in the wah or filter block. And it can be adjusted for sensitivity.

Here's a tutorial from @simeon on internal controllers and how they work: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/internal-controllers-overview-video.78249/

Thank you Beavis and Butthead, my first time hearing:

Then immediately following that up with my intro to White Zombie

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom