Joined the club; AX8 incoming.

I'm trying not to bounce off the walls. It's out for delivery. How does one cope with strain of this magnitude?
Congrats & "Welcome" to the dark Side Nick G!!!!!! :cool:

I cope with lots of Coke Zero, Take-5 Bars (in the new/shitty wrapper) & small amounts of Crystal Meth!!!!! :eek:

Good luck......& Peace! X-Mann

I had about an hour with it last night. Just some aimless noodling - when I threw in a Synth block, I so started laughing like a goon. This thing is fun.

Hi :) I just joined this Forum.. I am expecting my AX8 tomorrow. Finally pulled the trigger to hit that BUY button (just in time, now its out of stock)..
I have been a long time BOSS user since GT5, 6 8 and last one I just sold ist my GT100.. I haven't seen or heard a Axe-FX live to test (I live in Canada) just wondering with great anticipation how big of a difference coming from Boss products is the sound. I had Line6 HD500 before but went back to Boss get GT100.. I am just excited to be inspired again with AX8. Cheers!

Hi :) I just joined this Forum.. I am expecting my AX8 tomorrow. Finally pulled the trigger to hit that BUY button (just in time, now its out of stock)..
I have been a long time BOSS user since GT5, 6 8 and last one I just sold ist my GT100.. I haven't seen or heard a Axe-FX live to test (I live in Canada) just wondering with great anticipation how big of a difference coming from Boss products is the sound. I had Line6 HD500 before but went back to Boss get GT100.. I am just excited to be inspired again with AX8. Cheers!
You almost duplicate my experience! Since the early 2000's I have owned Boss ME30, GT6, GT8, GT-Pro, GT-10, GT100 (which I have currently put up for sale). About 3 years ago I bought a Roland GR55 synth and fitted the GK3 pickup on my Strat and bought the Boss GP10. Ever since going synth, I switched over to FRFR and never looked back.
I'm keeping the GP10 but selling the GT100 as I did with all the earlier devices. The GP10 is tiny, can be set up to emulate multiple guitar models as well as alternate tunings and there is something I really like about it.
One month now with the AX8 and the GP10 pales in amps, cabs, and effects. Still needed for what the AX8 lacks but basically, the GP10 will get 10% of the use going forward. I just like the tones on the Fractal that much and now that I downloaded Fremen's presets and cabs as well AFT Tutorial videos (worth the money), the learning curve is good and I'm comfortable enough to be altering patches and saving them to my taste.
I really like the GT100 and all Roland/Boss gear but the Fractal just sounds better. You will not regret your purchase. I haven't which is why I also bought the EV-1 pedal and Ernie Ball Jr for volume and wah, plugged it in to my PA speakers and having a great time and sure you will do the same. I even prefer the Scene layout in AX8 Edit over Boss Tone Studio.
Enjoy.

Thanks! Can't wait to get my hands on AX8 tomorrow ;) .. I really love the Boss products and still have few old stomp pedals to keep (maybe for collection), but right now I want to switch to FRFR setup as well, my amps are getting old and heavy ;( and the Axe-FX based on what I heard and saw online has one if not the best emulations but just can't afford the top of the line rack units. Now with AX8 I can finally afford Fractal sound! Can't wait... cheers!

Back
Top Bottom