Have AXE-FX II and now want AXE-8

larryseyer

Inspired
Title says it all.

I've had my AXE-FX II for 5 years now... still use it and it works like a charm.

Not interested in selling it.

But I AM interesting in purchasing an AXE-8.

So I went to the store thinking "it's been a while since this thing has been released, I should be able to order it and get one relatively quickly"....

WRONG!

It says it's 'out of stock'?

Already?

Thought there was a 'recent new run' of these 2 weeks ago?

At any rate, where can I find the 'wait list' or similar... ready to purchase now.

Larry

This is one HOT FRACTAL POTATO!!!
Get one!
Not sure if there is a new wait list, they were in stock a short while ago.

Not that this will help in any way but, they compliment each other so well. I'm spoiled for tone and rig options now. Do I take the Big Rig or the Little Rig? Doesn't matter! They both sound massive! :D

Anyhow, to get on the waitlist (though, I'm really surprised the AX8 stock is out already...) email waitlist@fractalaudio.com and put AX8 Waitlist in the subject.
Totally agree with iaresee on this. I have both and intend on keeping both. While either can do most of what I do with them, they have different capabilities and one sometimes fits in better than the other. I am very happy to have the capabilities of both available.

I ordered my AX8 last Tuesday evening. I'd feel sorry for you, but this is my first Fractal Audio Systems purchase! :sunglasses:

Last edited:
Totally agree with iaresee on this. I have both and intend on keeping both. While either can do most of what I do with them, they have different capabilities and one sometimes fits in better than the other. I am very happy to have the capabilities of both available.
Same here, i have the Axe FX2 since 3 years and the AX8 since 1 month, and i'm so happy.The AX8 is great for the "all in one" machine.

Yeah, it's a really sweet combi. I keep my Axe II at home, with a Morningstar MC6 controller and two expression pedals (volume and wah). I use the AX8 for band rehearsal and gigs. It's pretty incredible to have top of the line tone everywhere with minimal lugging of equipment.

Yeah, it's a really sweet combi. I keep my Axe II at home, with a Morningstar MC6 controller and two expression pedals (volume and wah). I use the AX8 for band rehearsal and gigs. It's pretty incredible to have top of the line tone everywhere with minimal lugging of equipment.

This has been my dream for 20 years!!!
Technology can be pretty cool!

I got lucky and got one of the last batch before they went out of stock again. It was sort of funny. I signed up for the waiting list and two,hours later got an email saying that they just got them in stock for the site and they were first come first serve. I panicked a little as I expected at least a week or so wait . I had to pull money from another account and it would take up to 72 hours to complete. Luckily it seems like they stayed in stock for a week or two. Three days later I ordered and got mine. Funny thing is, now that I have it, I wonder if I should have waited a month to get more money and get an AX2. Even though the AX8 has been perfect live so far (I have a Helix as well and both get used) there are a couple things (like Setvie Rays two amp setup) that I would like to do. That said I don't know if I need it that exact. I think both would be awesome.

I've had my AXE-FX II for 5 years now so I am spoiled by great tone.

But I was enticed by the possibility of auto-switching my Variax guitar tone using the Helix foot switches... so I ordered a Helix.

The layout is beautiful... love the looks... it is a bit heavy and the inputs and outputs are many and varied. And it sounds fine.

But in the end, it just didn't have the tone that I have grown to expect to hear.

So I am sending it back.

My AXE-8 is due to arrive tomorrow... and I am very excited.

L

Back
Top Bottom