New Shadows Presets

StratnVox

Inspired
Over the last few months I have worked on these presets in an attempt to achieve the tones and feel generated in the Early Shadows recordings. With Cliff's advances in Quantum and the ability now to select the tube type of the preamp in the AMP block, I have achieved something very close, at least with my guitar, cabling and FRFR speaker setup.

The contents of the zip file include a README.pdf (please do read), 55 preset files and a spreadsheet in 2 formats listing 230 Shadows tunes in backing track order and the preset to use.

Please note that these presets require Axe-Fx II with Firmware Quantum 3.02 or later and have been exported from an Axe-Fx II.

There are a number of early attempts to achieve Shadows presets in AxeChange. Please use these instead.

Shadows Presets

Please enjoy and as always feedback is welcome.

Thanks StratnVox really appreciated as usual. I really enjoy using these. I've been meaning to ask what model of Strat and settup as far as pickups, fretboard LSR nut etc do you have. I want to buy the best strat to get Hank Marvin's sound of his bridge pickup on the Shadows Final Tour DVD. Every strat I've heard so far has to thin a sound on the bridge Pickup. Send an email if you like with pictures woul be great.
Thanks nickxmix

Just some further help.

When I developed and "normalised" these presets, I removed the AMP block's compression.
I suggest you add it back as shown here.
Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 2.45.01 PM.png

This change will add some dynamics and apparent loudness.

Last edited:
Hi Stratnvox
Thanks for sharing
Whenever I can I try this new presets.
I always appreciate all your work on these presets and sound comes out of my Axe FX
Thank you
Mic

Back
Top Bottom