Not happy with An electro-acoustic .some advices please.

slashy

Inspired
Hello eveybody,
I have a Larrivée D40-E, with a terrible sound in acoustic.
The preamp Shadow NFX-VT in the guitar seem to be good.
But i don't arrive to find a good sound with the axe.
I try many many preset on axe change, but sorry, i don't like it.
Ans why must i put the level so high to hear my guitar.It's the same problem with my Lakewwod electro-acoustic too.
It seem that the solution is an amp without cab.The tube Pre seem to be good.
But what else ? because i don't want Tone match, because my guitare is great, i don't want the tone match of another guitar.
What do you use when you plug your electro acoustic ?
Thank you in advance.

Depends on if you're playing live (and in what environment) or in the studio.

In the studio? I always use a mic.

Electric acoustic piezo or whatever, sound like junk compared to a well placed mic. They're only a convenience tool for certain live environments.

Try tone matching your own guitar in "live" tone match mode.

This requires a good microphone and microphone preamp.

Start by micing your guitar and getting the best tone you can with the microphone.

Then use Tone Matching in the Fractal. Set the tone match to Live mode.

The local source should be your Shadow NFX pickup and the reference source should be the microphone preamp.

Start the match and strum several big open first position chords. Let the last chord ring and stop the match while the chord is ringing.

The result should make your internal pickup sound very close to the microphone sound.

thank for the advices.
Effectively it's for studio application only, not live.
So, it's possible that the best solution is Mic !!!!
But i thought that Axe Fx2 could be do the "job" ;)

thank for the advices.
Effectively it's for studio application only, not live.
So, it's possible that the best solution is Mic !!!!
But i thought that Axe Fx2 could be do the "job" ;)
It can but you'll need to use barhrecords suggestion if you want to avoid using a mic every time.

It can but you'll need to use barhrecords suggestion if you want to avoid using a mic every time.

Plus once you get a great tone match, you can repeat the exact same tone overdubs later without having to document the mic, mic position, preamp settings etc.

Reactions: Rex
Plus once you get a great tone match, you can repeat the exact same tone overdubs later without having to document the mic, mic position, preamp settings etc.
This is a legit option, don't get me wrong, but I just think it's a bit generic. Why would I want the same acoustic tone for different mixes? Every song is unique and should dictate which microphone, position, pre, and so on and so forth. Don't underestimate the human element of the art of music. Or maybe I'm just stuck in my ways. :p

This is a legit option, don't get me wrong, but I just think it's a bit generic. Why would I want the same acoustic tone for different mixes? Every song is unique and should dictate which microphone, position, pre, and so on and so forth. Don't underestimate the human element of the art of music. Or maybe I'm just stuck in my ways. :p

I meant 3 mos down the road when you go to do an overdub on the same track.

Now you are re-creating the originals tracks tone so the overdub matches what is already there.

I meant 3 mos down the road when you go to do an overdub on the same track.

Now you are re-creating the originals tracks tone so the overdub matches what is already there.
Oh, okay, I get what you're saying, now. :)

What you need IMO is a guitar equipped with the Fishman blender and use the condenser mic.. I do it all the time
with my Tayler Acoustic direct into the AXE FX. If I remember correctly I just used effects only although I have used some
clean amps before with great result... the result is stunning actually LOL Piezo pickups suck IMO

Back
Top Bottom