My new favorite Marshall cab! (OH MAR mode four and Q3.00 rock tones)

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
I was messing around with the latest Q3.00 beta HBE and BE models and I simply couldn't stop playing.
When I paired those amp models with the new Ownhammer Mode Four Marshall cab from the upcoming 'Heavy Hitters Collection' I just literally couldn't stop playing so I had to write a song!

I was using my JTV-59 variax which has more of a Les Paul kinda vibe going on so this demo is more of a 90's rock track inspired by bands such as Incubus and Foo Fighters.

I wanted to use the HBE and BE models exclusively because they just sound so damn great!
These are the amp models and cab IR's I used for this track:

-clean tones: BE with the T75 speaker option in the Mode Four
-rhythm tones: HBE with the V30 speaker option (dang this sounds crunchy..)
-lead melodies: BE V1 with the EDVH speaker option.

All of those speakers sound really good by themselves though.
The V30 is a godsend, it fits the mix so wonderfully well and pairs amazingly well with the HBE.
The EDVH also shouldn't be underestimated, maybe I'll do a good old metal demo for that one in the future.

Anyways, hope you enjoy!

Mode Four is a power cab for really nice heavy tones and more! :)

I only know the really nice Mode Four IR from another producer and it really is a great cab! Called as Recto-Killer by some other guys! :)

Last edited:
Nice! Never played a Mode Four, but from what I understand they can handle tons of power pushed into them. Always heard great things from the people who actually owned them. Its def an underrated cab.

Back
Top Bottom