EJ Tone update...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get to meet up with Eric ? you could ask him directly when you guys meet up..

I DID meet him! And...he has no idea who you are...he told me he's bought and sold so much gear and there are only a few individuals he can recollect... I also asked him what he thought of Dweezil and I quote: "he's a nice guy". That is ALL he said about Dweezil. I also got to hang out with his significant other and her son (who I helped get 'un-lost' a few years ago when he was wandering the halls at the Riverside Theater).

I DID meet him! And...he has no idea who you are...he told me he's bought and sold so much gear and there are only a few individuals he can recollect... I also asked him what he thought of Dweezil and I quote: "he's a nice guy". That is ALL he said about Dweezil. I also got to hang out with his significant other and her son (who I helped get 'un-lost' a few years ago when he was wandering the halls at the Riverside Theater).

Well that is likely because he does not know me as Tex Axe but rather by my name.
He should remember me I was the only one who found the JTM 100 for him he is getting up there in age though he surely could recognize his old flanger though he handed it directly too me in straight music parking lot.. I guess Eric is nearly 70 years old now. Funny I can remember all his techs names and where they worked and who did the guitar work and amp work for him like it was yesterday... But he cant remember playing a white boogie at Vinces wedding he was the best man at ? Ill send him some Geritol....

ç
Well that is likely because he does not know me as Tex Axe but rather by my name.
He should remember me I was the only one who found the JTM 100 for him he is getting up there in age though he surely could recognize his old flanger though he handed it directly too me in straight music parking lot.. I guess Eric is nearly 70 years old now. Funny I can remember all his techs names and where they worked and who did the guitar work and amp work for him like it was yesterday... But he cant remember playing a white boogie at Vinces wedding he was the best man at ? Ill send him some Geritol....

Eric is 61 .

Yep August 17th is his birthday His parents lived on Barrow around the corner from Mother Earth in the last house on the block on the left. Eric turns 62 this year in August the most important question is did you ask him why he did not buy back the Dumble I know the answer but its best to hear it from the horses mouth again the only person who could locate the jtm 100 Hendrix head was me and we traded plexi amps for it mine being 10287 thats a super tremolo 300 serial#s off from the head he traded too me.. 10287 went to plexi palace where they shill bid the sale to 4300 dollars and took some poor kid on the east coast doubling the money they had into it.

Rod Poplin shill bid the amp up and he is Vic Masons buddy so they did that on purpose to sucker that kid for 4300 dollars I never forget names of those that lie and rip people off and I can just imagine what he had to finally pay them for the JTM 100 I am quite certain he would love to forget that since they raked him over the coals and exploited the man selling the cds he kindly signed for them also on ebay... see something like that you never ever forget if its done to someone you happen to know.

Now ask yourself how on earth would I know those peoples names ? Because I am the one that gave Eric the number too where to reach them and in turn they ripped him right off.

Plexi Palace is notorious for changing parts and claiming they are original. They swapped head shells on the JTM 100 and Eric got the nicer of the two after talking them into it.
I guess he cant remember that either but I can ..

So Eric did not agree with your assessment Dweezil was douche then ? He said he was a nice guy which is true.
Thats about the answer I expected and Eric would not know me from a screen user name but rather by face or my real name so again you fall quite short of trying to make me look bad here. I have no reason to lie or to cut down other artists that was my only point.. But you seem bent on trying to make me look bad here as if to say im lying which I cant quite understand.. What is your point exactly you think im lying about this ? I can promise you I am not.. Dweezil is a nice guy even Eric thinks so evidently... As for Eric knowing who Tex Axe is how could he know who I was by a screen name ? When I see him ill ask him if he has any idea who guitartripp is see if he can guess I doubt he knows you by your screen name either. But to lash out at me or Dweezil is not really cool is it ?

I think there is more to meet the eye here and I suspect I know who is behind that.. You are completely wrong and I have known Eric since 1978 Well before the current crowd that surrounds him.. Before Joe was his manager Joe is at RockArts in Austin.

Glad you got to spend time with Eric he is a good guy does not speak badly of other musicians and is down to earth something we should all be.

I also count myself among the fortunate who have met and conversed with the man, and I doubt you would find anyone would speak negatively of him, truly a class act.

Having said that, can we get back to the important part of this conversation please... Like the OP, I too have searched for the elusive EJ tone (clean and dirty) and have not been able to replicate it in the axe. Seems there was a decent patch back in the ultra days, but I have yet to find an effective one for the axe-II. We now have many great takes on Eddie tone throughout the years, but haven't seen anything Comparable for EJ. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge and better ears than mine can help us out.

I talked to him on the phone for an hour several years ago, when I was on an interview assignment for Twentieth Century Guitar (now defunct). Eric was humorous, humble and didn't strike me as someone who would bag on another musician.

Folks, please keep it CIVIL, or mods will be forced to close the thread....
I'm just ignoring people that hi-jack my threads now. If anyone has anything constructive to add...whether it be good or bad AND related to the tone...I am open to the help...it's just going to be better for all of us interested in his tone!

Could someone please block this person?! I got blocked for a week for saying something to him, yet he seems to be able to go on and on like a ramblin' man... I'm about to say what got me banned before lol!

Did you know that Office Space is set in Austin, Texas? Just saying.

-
Austin

Could someone please block this person?! I got blocked for a week for saying something to him, yet he seems to be able to go on and on like a ramblin' man... I'm about to say what got me banned before lol!
Click on his user name, then click Ignore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom