Money for nothing? Anybody?

did anybody do a money for nothing preset?

Or could you point me in the right direction? Seems like a wah in a locked position

Thanks

Lasse

You could use a wah, but I didn't. I will post it here shortly as 'Money for Nothing 2'. Well - by here, i meant Axe-Change.

Patch notes:
  1. The cabinets are using personal IR's - just load up your favorite sounding 4x12 in each slot. As an upside, load different cabs in each slot until you find what you like.
  2. The preset is ready for recording. That means that output 1 gets the reverb-less signal (recording inputs here); out 2 still has reverb in the monitors.
I uploaded in in-line here, as well as on Axe-Change. Remember: load the speakers with your own IR's first!

Attachments

• Money for Nothing 2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 160
Axe-Edit.jpg Oops! I just noted you were using an AX8. Apologies. My patch was for an Axe-FX II (non XL). Here's roughly what I did:

It's actually the bridge pickup on a Gibson Les Paul with the tone dialed down a bit with an overdriven amp.
Thats' how you still get the overtones.
No wah necessary.

To get the studio recording sound, I mix a fixed wah, ring mod centered on G, and the direct signal together.

I find the ring mod gives an extra amount of knarliness that makes it fun to play.

I made one for the Axe II with a filter before the amp, boosting some mids, where the center frequency was moving a little for a slight sweep effect, controlled by envelope

One of those licks I've never heard anyone else really quite get just right. lol His feeling is almost messed up but it all comes out so brilliant and out of this world. I've never been a huge fan of the band, but I can't ever not listen to them when its playing because his playing is always always always blowing my mind. Such a genius.

Thanks Smittefar, that was nice of you :)

Well, I use the Soldano SLO100, and an EV12L 4x12 cab and a fixed Wah. I do trim the tone pot a bit down when Im using the bridge pick up. In the clip Smittefar links to, I do not use the Wah. It was just a quick thing I did the same day I got the AXE FX, so not much work was used on that preset. Also as you can hear the drive is a bit over the top for the Money sound (my current live preset is a lot more dynamic)

I also have a preset with the same fixed Wah but using the JTM45 + 4x12 greenback cab, both sounds great, but I tend to use the SLO100 the most. It's like it sounds less muffled at high volume.

All of the above is using my AXE FX II, but I'm 100% sure you can do the same with the AX8

I made one for the Axe II with a filter before the amp, boosting some mids, where the center frequency was moving a little for a slight sweep effect, controlled by envelope
I'm digging this post almost a year after, but is this preset part of your presets package?

Back
Top Bottom