Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.02 Firmware Release

I think several of you are going off the deep end on this whole 2.01 vs 2.02 thing...

Give it a few days/weeks/months, 3.0x will be out, and this entire thread will be forgotten.

Some perspective: sure, you can adjust BMTG and go to town, but this is not an amateur tool. If you want a different feel, warmth, chime, chug, whatever, maybe do a little homework on the advanced parameters. FAS gives you a great place to start with the tech notes, but they shouldn't be responsible for holding everyone's hand like a child to deliver the vast, personalized sounds we're each looking for.

The tools are there. Use them.

Rotti, don't make me come down there! I kid. I get what you're saying man. Maybe there's too much for some to get a grip on. Me included on some stuff but its funny because I just ordered an old ADA the other day because that's what I use to tour with and I thought that thing was so sweet sounding back in the day and when I plugged into it I was so disappointed and was thinking how awesome and lucky we are to have the Axe Fx. Its a game changer for me. 2.01 or 2.02, it is a great piece of gear.

Fwiw, im happy to let Cliff & co decide what needs changing and when - only once since FW9.0 have I reverted to a backup because I didn't like the update - the next one was great. pretty good odds!
Also- let's be frank - the axe fx is their baby- no way they will make changes without thinking them through.
Thanks
Pauly

I have choosen the Axe FX II because it is currently the most high end guitar processor available.
I also have choosen the Axe FX II because the Fractal team is dedicated at continuously improve the product by means of new firmware.
I can understand some preferences from individual people , but my opinion is made.
The people at the fractal team are intelligent people. If they decide to release a new firmware, there is good reasons behind. It means also that the change will fit for the better the majority of players.
Fractal will not release something if the really think it will make the Axe Fx II worser as before.

My politic, just my politic, is to rely on the last firmware available, and don't look behind.

I am among those who have already said that there is maybe too much firmware releases in a short time.
This is another aspect.
I would prefer personally some "bigger" pack every three month or so instead of 2.0, 2.01, 2.03, ...
Once again, just my own preference.

Thanks at the Fractal team for trying to improve again and again the product

quite funny as the saga continues and Cliff already made a solution to meet both worlds.

Although quite new with fx, i do hear the subtle differences. but i also think that its all a matter of taste and how a person uses their gear. Guitar, cables, soundcards, picks, pickups, way of playing, volume, strings, which pc you use will all have impact on the sound. Even your mood and the weather. All have impact on ear and brain and how we perceive the sound at a particular point in time.

And especially when algoritms and preAmp behaviour is changed the effects will be more noticable, even more so when you tweaked the amp to personal taste. At the end: use ears! Not happy, stay there where you were happy ;) as you can! Axe fx is soo flexible IMHO

love the forum, discussions & opinions.
Also think that Cliff and FAS team are very dedicated to keep going forward not stopping to listen to critisism, positive feedback.

Cliff/FAS take the product very serious, but also their customers & users.
Sjappoo, +1000, hats off, deep bow, etc....

Fractal's reputation is so good that I nearly never listened to other brands samples nor tried an axefx before buying mine from G66 :)
I trusted them before even being a customer !

Any programmers out there that know where a basic software spreadsheet comparison tool is?

It depends on your system.

What you want is a file comparison programm. You have this in most editors with advandced functions.

On windows I think notepad++ allows you to open 2 files side by side and has a function to highlight differences.

On Mac os you can open a terminal (iterm) and type :
"diff filea fileb"
or for a better readability
"vimdiff filea fileb"
(if the command is installed)

Tapx

On windows I think notepad++ allows you to open 2 files side by side and has a function to highlight differences.
That's it. The extension you need to install with notepad++ is called 'compare'. Allows you to compare long lists on the fly. Very helpful. I use it in other contexts. Big thumbs up. ;)

Yeah keep'em coming thick and fast. Those that don't want the incremental releases can wait until the release after X.9 ;-)

Thanks
Pauly

Here you go:

53354181.jpg

Google wasn't as much help as I had hoped it would be.

something I read somewhere:
Tone is in the fingers
Les Paul's have more tone
therefore, Les Paul's have more fingers

I think several of you are going off the deep end on this whole 2.01 vs 2.02 thing...

Give it a few days/weeks/months, 3.0x will be out, and this entire thread will be forgotten.

Some perspective: sure, you can adjust BMTG and go to town, but this is not an amateur tool. If you want a different feel, warmth, chime, chug, whatever, maybe do a little homework on the advanced parameters. FAS gives you a great place to start with the tech notes, but they shouldn't be responsible for holding everyone's hand like a child to deliver the vast, personalized sounds we're each looking for.

Great idea! I really liking the Sag/Unsag Knob;

Chime Knob, Chug Knob! (and I think a Feel Knob would be add to the "user friendliness" too.)

Er, Uh, did I misunderstood something?

<snip>
If you want a different feel, warmth, chime, chug, whatever, maybe do a little homework on the advanced parameters. FAS gives you a great place to start with the tech notes, but they shouldn't be responsible for holding everyone's hand like a child to deliver the vast, personalized sounds we're each looking for.

Is that exactly what this community is doing? Discussing, explaining, understanding newly introduced advanced parameters?
:confused:

Back
Top Bottom