Disappointed...

Come on, a "third" of the amp parameters is a gross exaggeration...

I have not done a specific comparison, but I have come across these and I would love to see them incorporated in the AX8:

Missing: Bias Tremolo
Missing: Preamp Tube Types (could just be the modeling version in the AX8 does not have the new types)

In the cab block, I am missing the Dephase parameter, but that has already been discussed in another thread. The preamp types were also nice and I would love to see this added as well.

Well, compare them side by side and you'll see it's not just one or two things missing! Yes, the preamp tube types make a HUGE difference! I play some Eric Johnson stuff and spent MONTHS dialing in the preset (I'm STILL working on it), and moving the block to the AX8 made some HUGE changes in the tone...

I'm not hating on the AX8, I really think it is promising. I'm just disappointed in it's capabilities, hence the title. I brought up the Line 6 because not only did they update the firmware (I still wouldn't buy it), but even went as far as the display upgrade...

Why can't he just be disappointed with the product? Everyone doesn't have to convince him that he should rethink his approach.

He's perfectly within his rights to be disappointed. But if you post about your disappointment on a public discussion forum it's gonna get, well, discussed. You know? And the tendency here trends towards trying to help when people post about problems they're encountering.

He's also grossly inaccurate in his responses. Tending towards exaggeration and hyperbole, especially around the "missing parameters" claim. That'll get you corrected. Because: The Internet. You're not allowed to be wrong on the Internet.

Well, compare them side by side and you'll see it's not just one or two things missing!
I double checked your claim last night. Mind you, I'm running a beta, but the parameters were there 1:1 with the exception of the two bias tremolo settings. And the settings for every parameter aligned 1:1. This is for the AMP block.

So my statement from earlier stands: if something was missing just wait. It'll be there soon enough. FAS products evolve quickly, at far from static. You've been using them long enough to know this.

I double checked your claim last night. Mind you, I'm running a beta, but the parameters were there 1:1 with the exception of the two bias tremolo settings. And the settings for every parameter aligned 1:1. This is for the AMP block.

So my statement from earlier stands: if something was missing just wait. It'll be there soon enough. FAS products evolve quickly, at far from static. You've been using them long enough to know this.

Ok, I have spent months dialing in my preset because I'm trying to get it as perfect as I can. I don't have perfect hearing as I worked on an aircraft carrier for four years, but I can certainly hear changes in tone when it's more humid on certain days, etc. If you want to laugh, go ahead, but it's the truth. I cannot tell the difference in batteries in a fuzz pedal, but I can definitely tell when the wood swells or dries out, even in my temp/humidity controlled home. I CAN listen and know exactly what to change to dial in the tone for that day now though. I'm also the type that adjusts the truss rod, intonation, etc before I play...and sometimes it's multiple times a day.

Also because there's an update every other week, and I, like everyone else, enjoy updates...which means I have to once again tweak everything.

Also, there are more than just TWO differences in the amps...Yes, I certainly did exaggerate, big f'ing deal! Abraham Lincoln was quoted as saying to not believe everything you read on the internet...see I can do that as well...

I'm stating my opinion, and I got what I wanted out of it...I learned about the Scene Revert. For you to keep trying to pummel/belittle me for voicing my opinion, I could really care a less what you think, and it's not going to work. I know what my expectations are, and this product falls short of it for me...for others it is the perfect device. I already stated a few times that I did not even buy it, but using it has made my decision that I'll keep the Axe Fx II, as it is better suited towards me. That's all I'm going to say.

Also, there are more than just TWO differences in the amps...
As I said: for the latest beta, which is not publicly available, the difference is the two missing bias tremolo parameters. That's it. Your friend will be able to match your AMP block settings precisely once this beta turns RC and goes public.

Ok, I have spent months dialing in my preset because I'm trying to get it as perfect as I can. I don't have perfect hearing as I worked on an aircraft carrier for four years, but I can certainly hear changes in tone when it's more humid on certain days, etc. If you want to laugh, go ahead, but it's the truth. I cannot tell the difference in batteries in a fuzz pedal, but I can definitely tell when the wood swells or dries out, even in my temp/humidity controlled home. I CAN listen and know exactly what to change to dial in the tone for that day now though. I'm also the type that adjusts the truss rod, intonation, etc before I play...and sometimes it's multiple times a day.

Also because there's an update every other week, and I, like everyone else, enjoy updates...which means I have to once again tweak everything.

Also, there are more than just TWO differences in the amps...Yes, I certainly did exaggerate, big f'ing deal! Abraham Lincoln was quoted as saying to not believe everything you read on the internet...see I can do that as well...

I'm stating my opinion, and I got what I wanted out of it...I learned about the Scene Revert. For you to keep trying to pummel/belittle me for voicing my opinion, I could really care a less what you think, and it's not going to work. I know what my expectations are, and this product falls short of it for me...for others it is the perfect device. I already stated a few times that I did not even buy it, but using it has made my decision that I'll keep the Axe Fx II, as it is better suited towards me. That's all I'm going to say.

dont get troll guys... its getting ridiculous

As I said: for the latest beta, which is not publicly available, the difference is the two missing bias tremolo parameters. That's it. Your friend will be able to match your AMP block settings precisely once this beta turns RC and goes public.

What beta? If Q1.x is the equivalent to the Ax8, then I'm correct in my statement that numerous things are missing. Since you're a 'beta tester' you're insinuating that I should be in line with your knowledge and I'm absolutely not, as I do not have the beta...so quit it.

The AX-8 is not an Axe-Fx II on the floor. If it was it would cost a heck of a lot more than it does. It uses the exact same modeling code as the Axe-Fx II. The models in the AX-8 at release were not completely sync'd with the Axe-Fx II but the underlying algorithms are identical. IOW the AX-8 was roughly equivalent to Quantum 1.00. The upcoming firmware release syncs them exactly.

The overwhelming majority of people love the AX-8 and understand it's place in the Fractal Audio model line-up. Putting an Axe-Fx II on the floor wasn't feasible due to the DSPs used in the Axe-Fx II requiring active cooling and being very expensive. The AX-8 was designed as a lower cost, simpler product that would address the needs of 99% of users. Power users will want an Axe-Fx II which is still the best modeler in the world.

Or, you could consider taking a step back and tempering your behavior, and live with existing firmware versions for longer periods.
Trust me, the world doesn't come to an end for not updating every firmware. A person much wiser than many once said "patience is a virtue". Just a friendly suggestion...;)

Or, you could consider taking a step back and tempering your behavior, and live with existing firmware versions for longer periods.
Trust me, the world doesn't come to an end for not updating every firmware. A person much wiser than many once said "patience is a virtue". Just a friendly suggestion...;)

Tempering my behavior? Weird...

The AX-8 is not an Axe-Fx II on the floor. If it was it would cost a heck of a lot more than it does. It uses the exact same modeling code as the Axe-Fx II. The models in the AX-8 at release were not completely sync'd with the Axe-Fx II but the underlying algorithms are identical. IOW the AX-8 was roughly equivalent to Quantum 1.00. The upcoming firmware release syncs them exactly.

The overwhelming majority of people love the AX-8 and understand it's place in the Fractal Audio model line-up. Putting an Axe-Fx II on the floor wasn't feasible due to the DSPs used in the Axe-Fx II requiring active cooling and being very expensive. The AX-8 was designed as a lower cost, simpler product that would address the needs of 99% of users. Power users will want an Axe-Fx II which is still the best modeler in the world.

Exactly...it's not the one for me. I fully understand that...others seem to have overlooked my MULTIPLE statements regarding just that.

If you look at Line6, you'll see that their devices are improving in both hardware and software.

Line 6 is a great example. But not for the reasons you state. They do improve their stuff. At the same time, they repackage it and make it available in a variety of form factors and capabilities. For example, when they came out with the Amplifi, it was not equivalent to their flagship modeler at the time - they repackaged some older technology into a new form factor with different features but it couldn't do what the HD500 could. They just introduced the Firehawk amp and it isn't based on the Helix models - it's HD and XT based. They've got a long history of doing this with the POD, Spider amps, Flextone, etc.

Anyone expecting the AX8 to be an upgrade over the AxeII + MFC for half the price is not paying attention.

What beta? If Q1.x is the equivalent to the Ax8, then I'm correct in my statement that numerous things are missing. Since you're a 'beta tester' you're insinuating that I should be in line with your knowledge and I'm absolutely not, as I do not have the beta...so quit it.

He was simply providing you with some insight. The features you were referring to were just introduced into the Axe-FX II a few weeks ago, have been ported to the AX8, and are being tested as we type. A little patience is all that is required.

Exactly...it's not the one for me. I fully understand that...others seem to have overlooked my MULTIPLE statements regarding just that.

I think everyone gets it just fine. Some folks just pointed out the inaccuracies of things you said and that a number of your points are about to be rectified when the AX8 firmware update comes out.

Back
Top Bottom