Rack gear/setup?!?!

nire93

Hey there! I got into the "rack world" two weeks ago,and I'm trying to build my rack gear,so i need advices:

First of all,i have an Axe FX II MKI and other than that,i'd like to combine it with a power amp,a wireless system and a power conditioner.
It's a pretty simple gear and i'm trying to choose cheap but good gear.

For the power amp,i'm 90% sure to buy a Crown XLi1500:
Crown XLi 1500 - Thomann Italia

For the wireless system,i'd like to buy a Line6 Relay G90 or similar...so if you know other systems like the Relay G90,let me know them!!!
Line6 Relay G90 - Thomann Italia

And for the power conditioner,i'm hesitant on: Samson PB9 Pro, Samson PB10 or Furman M-10LX E.
What do you think? Are there many differences between these three power conditioners?

Any suggestion is accepted,thank you again!!! ;)

The G90 seems to be one of the most popular and well-liked wireless systems here on the forum. I have one, and it's fantastic. Crown power amps are excellent and lightweight; I also like the QSC PLX series, although my current power amp for the AxeFX is a Carvin, which was very affordable. I'd strongly recommend the Furman power conditioner.

I'd love to have a Matrix GT1000FX,but it's too expensive and i find that Crown XLi1500 it's a good alternative ;)
I know the G90 it's awesome,infact i'll buy it (..except if i'll find a similar and cheaper rack wireless guitar system..LOL)
For the power conditioner i don't know which one i'll choose...Samson is cheaper and valid,Furman is great but more expensive and both are noiseless and have the same details.

Keep helping me! hahaha

I'll probably go for the G90 and the Furman M-10LXE then ;)

I tought to be sure about the Crown Xli1500,but i'm dedicating attention to the XLS1500 too...is there any difference between these two power amps?
(the xls1500 is digital,but i don't know the sound differences!)

Class D amps are usually referred to as "digital" amps. They're great for the AxeFX. You can Google the detailed technical definition of a Class D amp, but basically they're lightweight and very efficient. I have a couple of Class D amps; a Carvin in my AxeFX setup, and a QSC for my rehearsal PA system. Both are fantastic.

I would recommend the Furman PL-C3 E over the Furman M-10LX E. The first has much better filtering than the latter.

I have a Shure GLX-D14 that I'm really content with.
It has a battery capacity of 16+ hours and can be charged inside the receiver or with a phone charger.

Pretty solid wireless so definitely worth considering!

GLX-D all the way. I love mine. I bought an extra battery that stays in the base charger so I never have a battery issue. The unit has a digital readout of remaining battery life of that battery in the transmitter. I couldn't use analog as it changes the sound too much. Had an SLX before.

I use GLX-D14 in rack with spare battery (3rd) in it and I have 2 bodypacks assigned to it, so switching between my 2 basses is only switch off bodypack 1 and switch on bodypack 2. It has a great feature - once you set up gain for each bodypack it stres it in so you can assign bodypack to the different guitars and there is no need to adjust anything.

Battery life calculation is real - once it show 2 minutes left it is 2 minutes, I had to test it because usually shows 1 hr and shuts down after 10 minutes...

So that one + wireless IEM (I am using PSM 300) gives me huge on stage (so as rehearsal) comfort.

Back
Top Bottom