Bug? Q2.01 Public Beta 1 - AMP block not saving changes/ auto reset - Resolved in Beta 2

StratnVox

Inspired
Using the latest Beta (the 2nd one), when I select the Ef86 tube now, it is either not being saved or reverts back to 12AX7A when the preset of recalled.

Very easy to reproduce. Grab any preset with an AMP block, change the preamp tube to Ef86 (should be EF86), save the preset, move to another preset and the recall the original.

Last edited:
Same here (I'm also on the 2nd beta firmware for the Mark I/II), in fact I just posted about this in the 2.01 Beta thread.

For me, it doesn't matter what Tube Type I save a patch with (not just the EF86), it reverts back to the default 12AX7A when I re-select it. It happens in both Amps 1&2, X&Y. This is with using the Axe's front panel, not Axe-Edit.

Last edited:
Well, not just the Preamp Tube Type, but the same thing is happening with the Tube Type (power tube) parameter on the Amp block's "Pwr" page, as well as the Tube Bias/PA Grid Bias parameters (same control repeated) on the "Pwr Dyn"/"Adv" pages,. They all revert back to their default values after saving.

Last edited:
Ah! This explains what I was expiencing! I'd set up a preset, change tubes (especially love the new preamp tubes), go to another preset and do the same, then come back and find that my saved preset didn't sound the same. I was pretty sure, but attributed it to ear fatigue or faulty memory.

I can confirm the effects described above!
Has been something going wrong.
Perhaps a Debug-Version has been published with special programmers features
for easier testing ;-)

I think, a new version will come soooooon ;-)
Nothing's perfect ...

Try this: before you change the preamp tube type select any another amp model and then select the amp model you were want again. Then change the preamp tube type and save the preset.

Does the preamp tube type save properly with the block now?

Try this: before you change the preamp tube type select any another amp model and then select the amp model you were want again. Then change the preamp tube type and save the preset.

Does the preamp tube type save properly with the block now?
Makes no difference! The problem seems baked in!

Ok. Thanks. That means it's _not_ an issue with non-updated amp settings.

It's not. I first noticed it not saving the changed tube type on a patch of mine where I had reset the amp model and was redialing it back in. It also doesn't save when using Axe-Edit.

Someone also reported in the 2.01 Beta thread that changed Poweramp Hardness settings are not saving either.

Can't reproduce on my XL+, Did you update you mkI/II to 2.01beta1 ?
Like I mentioned in the OP, that's the FW version I'm are running on my Mark II.
Please try using Class A AC30TB or Class A AC15TB amps as there has been some suggestion that it only occurs with models targeted in Q2.01

Maybe the problem is only on MK I/II models?
For me there are various parameters that are not saving. I can't remember right now but they are tied to both power and preamp tubes, ie tube type, bias value, hardness for example.

Maybe the problem is only on MK I/II models?
For me there are various parameters that are not saving. I can't remember right now but they are tied to both power and preamp tubes, ie tube type, bias value, hardness for example.
I believe that is true since the reason for Beta 1 as Cliff posted
The build for the Mark I/II was not properly resetting pertinent parameters for existing presets. Here is a new build:
Setting the auto-reset apparently ignores that fact that the update has been done and continues to do it on every reload of the preset.

All parameters but Preamp hardness saves properly.
Preamp hardness resets to the default value for the chosen preamp type.
Fw Q2.01 beta zwei.
Axe fx II MK I

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom