GHOST!

I checked them out...nothing exciting, vocals are meh, guitars are meh...there are TONS of musicians out there way better than these guys...it must be the 'cool' costumes that kids fall for nowadays.

I think the music and it's execution is outstanding! Lyrics aside, they have some great songs. I mean the music arrangements and the production. Great sounds all around. Not the world's best vocals, and not virtuoso players but the performances are tight and the overall musicality is right there. Mainly, the SONGS! Well written, catchy, original.

Goofy costumes and satan worship don't float my boat though. I think it's a stupid gimmick and distracts from the music, but the irony is not lost on me that I probably never would have heard their music if they hadn't found success through that gimmick. A lot like Steel Panther in that way :)

Define 'better' musicians? These guys play simple songs, well written with a nod to the 70's. I was a fan of their first album before I saw any pics of them. In fact, the costumes put me off a bit. I think the songs are good. Somewhere along the way metal became all about gurning and tough guy vocals. These guys bring back a sense of the ridiculous which is more than welcome in my book. That is not to say that they are a joke. There is a difference.
Better musician in actually creating MUSICAL music... different strokes for different folks though...

I saw them live in The Netherlands tonight.
It was fun. A few highlights and also some stuff that didn't really rock my boat. There was a lot of backtracking going on.

great show laughing my ass off thanks for posting this put me in a better mood I like this pope better then the fake one most entertaining !

Ghost-photo2.jpg

Dude! I've been trying to get my picture taken with Mojo Jojo, like, forever! And you just show up and do it.

Seriously: cool picture. I'll bet that was a fun day/evening.

Holy smokes! It appears that Cliff is Papa's right hand man. Henceforth, you shall be deemed "Archbishop of Tone." I know you hear this a million times, but thank you for all you do for us. Not just for the AxeFx but for making it possible for bands like this to perform the music we love so much.

Back
Top Bottom