Un0 Fcb1010 pedalboard

stralalla

Inspired
Hallo,
Is there anybody who use fcb1010 to control the Axe in using stomp box function?
I have problems to programm the pedalboard.
Thank you

I know some people have used that one with the Axe Fx successfully. I had one before I bought my Axe, and even using it as intended with Behringer's own gear wasn't much fun until the firmware was replaced. You need what's known as the "UNO Chip", which can be had pretty inexpensively here.

I know some people have used that one with the Axe Fx successfully. I had one before I bought my Axe, and even using it as intended with Behringer's own gear wasn't much fun until the firmware was replaced. You need what's known as the "UNO Chip", which can be had pretty inexpensively here.
Sorry.. I bought uno Un0 chip but IMHO it works bad ad i don't know if it is my ignorance or a problem with eprom

Hallo,
Is there anybody who use fcb1010 to control the Axe in using stomp box function?
I have problems to programm the pedalboard.
Thank you

I am currently using it and it works great with the uno chip setup. What do u need to know?

I am currently using it and it works great with the uno chip setup. What do u need to know?
How do you program the stomp box function?
I press the 5 pedal for more than 2.5; I set 9 and 5 pedal on, then press the pedal 5 to save.
The result is: one row change the programs (from 96 to 100??, and i am on bank 00) and the in the other row when i press a pedal there is a fast chamge of programs to 1 to 97, 98 99 100 (stops on 100) ... ??
I tried to program everyting without results, only the aboves

I didn't get on with it with the Axe. I had the Eureka chip. I didn't like that the led lights wouldn't match scenes - say if you turned on scene 2, then went to scene 3, both 2 and 3 would be lit, then you switch back to 2 and 3 is lit and 2 is off. That and the amount of programming for each preset if you want to be in stomp box mode. I sold it and bought the FCB which just automatically works in stomp and scene modes with no programming at all.

How do you program the stomp box function?
I press the 5 pedal for more than 2.5; I set 9 and 5 pedal on, then press the pedal 5 to save.
The result is: one row change the programs (from 96 to 100??, and i am on bank 00) and the in the other row when i press a pedal there is a fast chamge of programs to 1 to 97, 98 99 100 (stops on 100) ... ??
I tried to program everyting without results, only the aboves

Oh man, you're trying to do this by hand without an editor? That's nightmare. Setup your Axe so that it can work as a midi interface for your computer and then goto http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/uno.htm download the ripwerks thee and read the instructions. Youll be setup in no time.

I could when I get home but it won't make 100% sense to you because some of my midi control numbers are set a little different than most. I bought my axe 2nd hand and didn't realize that until after I had programmed the pedal, lol. In the mean time, I would read the Instructions they have up there for setting up the pedal with Ripwerks. It's done using an Axe as an example with default cc#'s. I would recommend get it working like they have it listed so you understand how the editor works. How are you wanting your stomps to work?

Thank you. It is only to undestand how i must set the value each box.
What do mean about "How are you wanting your stomps to work?"

Thank you. It is only to undestand how i must set the value each box.
What do mean about "How are you wanting your stomps to work?"

I mean do you want them to work to be able to turn off / on different effects or are you planning on using them to access scenes?

How i set the axe to work as midi interface?
Then how i import the systex file into the FCB1010?

That'll you'll have to read the manual for, I think the steps are also outlined in the Fractal Bot manual as well. I have a Presonus Audio Box that worked as my midi interface for my computer. Once you have it setup as your midi interface you will need to connect the FCB to the Axe with both an In and an Out cable because you need 2 way communication for Ripwerks to do its thing. Once all of that is setup, the first time you try to import a sysex file it will ask you to specify your midi connections. The Axe will be listed in there. Once specified, you should be able to import your sysex from the FCB with no issues, make changes and send it back to the FCB. It is alot of steps to get it all set up but you only have to do it once.

I programmed the Fcb manually; now I can control in the upper row the presets and in the lower the stompboxes. Is it normal that when I changed the presets the leds of stomp stay on (if in the last preset i activate it) and i have to press twice the pedal to activate the block (if the the destination preset have deactivate the block)?
Imho it should ricognize if the preset have the block "on" or "off" and change the stompbox led "on" or "off"....or not?

Wow, congratulations on programming that manually. That's a pain. The solution to your issue though cannot be programmed manually as far as I know. If you had Ripwerks installed and setup you would see a section that had 5 lines, 1 for each button that changes your presets. At the end of that line would be 5 check boxes that correspond to your 5 stomp boxes. Those check boxes are what tell the midi controller what stomps should be on or off when you change to that preset. So if you wanted all stomps off when you changed to a preset, all of the boxes would be unchecked. I do not know of a way to change or check the values of those check boxes without ripwerks installed.

Back
Top Bottom