Here is how to share XL and XL+ Presets with Mark I and II

There is a hidden feature in Axe-Edit that exports a preset as a CSV file spreadsheet, so Axe-Fx II Mark I and II owners can manually program a preset.

Open Axe-Edit
  • Click Settings menu at the top
  • Click Refresh after new FW, so all the blocks will export the correct info
  • Select the Preset you want to export
  • Windows OS: Hold down SHIFT+CTRL+ALT + Click the Export button in the upper right
    • Mac OS: Hold down COMMAND+SHIFT+OPTION + Click the Export button in the upper right
  • The Export Preset as CSV window will open, Click Save in lower right
  • Make a screenshot of the Axe-Edit Layout Grid and save it as a PNG or JPG file
    • Windows OS: Select the Axe-Edit window and press ALT+PRINT_SCREEN (Upper right of keyboard)
    • Paste into MS Paint and save as PNG file
  • Share the CSV file and Layout Grid Screenshot with all us Vintage Axe-Fx II Mark I and II owners :)
  • UPDATE: XL owners could also share saved Block files along with the CSV file and Layout Grid Screenshot, so it's not as time consuming for us vintage users to reconstruct an XL preset :D

I also use this process to backup my presets and to quickly compare changes made by Firmware updates.

You can open the CSV file Spreadsheet with one of the apps below:

Here's the original posts this info came from:
You are wise :)

Great post, and a subject a real interest.

I have both an XL+ and also an FXII, I have found so far that by and large preset migration for the II to the XL+ works pretty well, with the exception where a BLOCK in the XL+ (GEQ for example), has an X, Y setting where as in the II it only as the X.

However backwards compatibility from the XL+ to the II is not so easy and I have had to rebuild most most patches again.

This is kinda frustrating as I would like to use the II in the studio, and the XL+ for live and be able to migrate and adjust patches between both....anyone find have different experiences - thanks...

This autoHotKey script should speed it up, it saves the CSV and JPG to the folder c:\AxeFX_CSV on your hard drive.
It evens creates the folder if you haven't used it before.

script raw:
http://mikeymoore.co.uk/AxeFX_SavePatch.ahk.txt

Compiled Executable:
http://mikeymoore.co.uk/AxeFX_SavePatch.exe

Zipped Executable:
http://mikeymoore.co.uk/AxeFX_SavePatch.zip

If someone can test and report back, that would be good!

I tried running the executable on a Win7 x64 machine . Works nice but it creates a .syx file instead of a .csv file . The snipe capture of a .jpg works perfect though

No, you don't have to save one by one. In Axe Edit there is a save preset as blocks function that creates a folder with the preset name in your block library folder and exports the blocks to there. The signal path is not saved so you have to manually place the blocks in the destination preset. This is why a screenshot of the original preset is useful. I used this method to transfer presets from my AX8 to my XL+. I doubt there will ever be an automatic method since all the units involved don't have the same amount of horsepower.
-
Austin
I can't find this function in axe edit, I have a mk1 and want to use this to import from mk1 to ax8

Back
Top Bottom