copying or sharing Axe-fx user made tone patches to fx8

goku8586

In the description of the fx8 it mentions that it can be used for preset sharing but it doesn't say from what other units presets can be shared(Axe-fx etc..) The question is "Can patches made by users of the Axe-fx and Axe-fx ultra be used on the Fx8? I'm referring to tone patches only not amps. There are many other owners of the Axe-fx that build patches for certain groups like U2 for
example, and post them on forums. If these patches cannot be downloaded into the Fx8 can the settings be copied and built manually?

"FX8-EDIT, a full-featured software editor, is also included free. In the tradition of all Fractal Audio Systems products, the FX8 is fully compatible with Fractal-Bot for preset sharing, easy backup and restore, plus firmware updates as new features are added."

FX8 owners can share presets with each other. Axe-Fx presets cannot be loaded into an FX8, or vice versa.

I believe you can share blocks, and then assemble them into a preset. A bit more work but should work for some of the effects. The fx8 does not have a grid setup so only the simple presets will be obtainable. At least that is my understanding based on what I've read on the forum here.

So guys what is the solution? The fx 8 is not "compatible" with the Axe fx? It's a shame. I mean: a new device is not allowed to host files from the old ones? C'mon, we are not tsalking about a Commodore 64 and the last Macbook.....

So guys what is the solution? The fx 8 is not "compatible" with the Axe fx? It's a shame. I mean: a new device is not allowed to host files from the old ones? C'mon, we are not tsalking about a Commodore 64 and the last Macbook.....

You seem to not have a complete understanding of things. Which is fine. But IME, whining isn't the best way to ask for help :)
-
Austin

I'll make you a deal... stop asking the same question in every thread. Create a new thread for each Axe FX patch that you find online that you would like to have translated to the FX8. Make sure to provide a link and any specific details on what you're looking for.

I don't have an FX8 but I do have an XL+, so I will export the blocks and take a screenshot of the layout. With FX8-Edit, you can simply drag and drop a block file into the spot where you want to use it.

I hope it's understood that amp tones will not translate to the FX8 in any way, so a U2 patch (for example) will provide delays, etc, but to get the Edge tone, you'll need an amp that sounds like an AC30.

It would be cool to have FAS converter that would take an AXE FX II, AX8, or FX8 preset (patch) and export the blocks out of it into separate files.

What would be your solution to reducing the grid layout to a compatible serial/parallel layout? It would probably be doable based on some assumptions, but would still require work to determine compatibility (you need an FX8 version to Axe FX II firmware compatibility matrix). It is possible, but would it work the way you expected? Unsure. I'd give it a go if I had details of the data structure.

It would be cool to have FAS converter that would take an AXE FX II, AX8, or FX8 preset (patch) and export the blocks out of it into separate files.
We already have that. Axe-Edit, AX8-Edit and FX8-Edit all have a Preset/Save as Blocks in Library function.

We already have that. Axe-Edit, AX8-Edit and FX8-Edit all have a Preset/Save as Blocks in Library function.
That's true, but an FX8 owner can't download an Axe-Fx II preset and then save to blocks. It'd be great if we could use the effects portions of the shared presets.

What would be your solution to reducing the grid layout to a compatible serial/parallel layout? It would probably be doable based on some assumptions, but would still require work to determine compatibility (you need an FX8 version to Axe FX II firmware compatibility matrix). It is possible, but would it work the way you expected? Unsure. I'd give it a go if I had details of the data structure.
I'm only talking about the blocks themselves. So if an Axe FX preset has 8 blocks, the converter would export out 8 separate .syx files, one for each block. No routing. It would be dependant on the FX8 user to import each of the 8 blocks and route them properly.

I don't have an Axe FX. When ever my FX8 is turned off, I can't edit in FX8-Edit. I assume it's the same Axe-Edit. Am I mistaken?

I'm only talking about the blocks themselves. So if an Axe FX preset has 8 blocks, the converter would export out 8 separate .syx files, one for each block. No routing. It would be dependant on the FX8 user to import each of the 8 blocks and route them properly.

As many have said, blocks are compatible. It would output .blk files, which can be imported. Stripping the blocks out of the sysx is a good idea though. That does simplify the concept of conversion. Hmmm. Maybe this is doable. I'll look into this unofficially.

Could us FX8 user download the AXE FX II edit and see the block when inserting a syx. file from AXE FX II or do we have to be connected with the AXE FX II?

Back
Top Bottom