Question about volume block Vs volume in the drive block

fisioaura

Inspired
Hello folks,
I've found that with some drives I have to down the level to 0.75 or so in order to keep the overall level under control...and I wonder if in this digital world, is it would be the same to up the level of the drive block and use a volume block to compensate or it would sound different?
Thanks

Hello folks,
I've found that with some drives I have to down the level to 0.75 or so in order to keep the overall level under control...and I wonder if in this digital world, is it would be the same to up the level of the drive block and use a volume block to compensate or it would sound different?
Thanks
there would probably not be a difference.

Where would you be putting the volume block? Right after the drives? Anything wrong with the .75 setting other than your head telling you that is what to low? You must run drive pretty high. I have much higher level settings in drive blk but I use super low drive settings

Jaja that's it... My head isn't confortable with those settings... o_ONot to much drive, for example: I use a real ac30 and for the metal zone the drive is about 1'5 and the level 0.75... I wonder if I put a volume block after it to drop the volume I could up both drive and level in the drive block or the result it will be the same. Sorry for my english.. Thanks;)

I might not be getting the question right but aren't you just affecting the input level into amp if you tweak the volume before amp? Doing it with drive block, or volume block should not make a difference...

I might not be getting the question right but aren't you just affecting the input level into amp if you tweak the volume before amp? Doing it with drive block, or volume block should not make a difference...

A metal zone with drive at 1.5 is going to alter the tone pretty dramatically! A volume change will just change the way the amp acts.

That being said, I had a real metal zone back in the day and ran the volume at around .75 to 1 to get unity gain. It's a very loud pedal.

I don't think your going to gain anything putting a volume block after your drive just to get unity gain.

If you had a real pedal board and got a new drive pedal where you had to keep the volume at .75, would you buy a volume pedal to put after it just so you could turn the volume to 5?
Think of the axe like you would a real amp and pedals!

Jaja that's it... My head isn't confortable with those settings... o_ONot to much drive, for example: I use a real ac30 and for the metal zone the drive is about 1'5 and the level 0.75... I wonder if I put a volume block after it to drop the volume I could up both drive and level in the drive block or the result it will be the same. Sorry for my english.. Thanks;)
I see you are newer around here. I will give you a word of advice. Don't let the number values get in your head. Although Cliff matches things to sound a dead on as he can he does not try to match pot tapers so your knobs in real life will not match the FAS knobs. There is a saying around here..."Use your ears" if it sounds good then IT IS good no matter what the numbers say

Back
Top Bottom