I REALLY HATE UPS!!!!!

Definitely not cool. Hoping it works out for Dave. The guys at fractal are class acts, but i'm sure you already know that.

Last edited:
I'd say that 1/3 of the shipments I get from UPS are smashed, punctured, or partially crushed to some degree. Usually crushed.

Disappointing to drop your hard earned $$$s and have the item arrive damaged.
At least it works so you can get into it and have a play - nothing worse than if it was damaged and sat their non-operational.

I'm sure it will be resolved soon,

This is the worst time of the year to ship anything, both UPS and Fed EX have hired seasonal help. With all that green help things are going to happen and that's why there is insurance. I have had things delivered from UPS,USPS and Fed EX that have been damaged. Insurance saved the day. Is it inconvenient... you bet, does it suck you bet the cool thing here is FAS will make it right!

And you KNOW it was packed really well. That's the scary part. But yeah, seasonal help, increased operations, and thankfully insurance (when/if the decide to actually honor it).

By the way, there's a process, and lots of help online to file a successful claim, which I would still do, even though it does work. They did not uphold their end of the bill of lading, delivering a damaged item (even though it appears to only be cosmetic) that was properly packaged.

And you KNOW it was packed really well. That's the scary part. But yeah, seasonal help, increased operations, and thankfully insurance (when/if the decide to actually honor it).

By the way, there's a process, and lots of help online to file a successful claim, which I would still do, even though it does work. They did not uphold their end of the bill of lading, delivering a damaged item (even though it appears to only be cosmetic) that was properly packaged.

I'm not worried about it. FAS will make it right. Glad to see it survived a beating too. FAS did the shipping, so it's their claim to file.

"Only cosmetic" doesn't seem like much unless I decide to sell it and then I'd take a several hundred dollar hit from someone on this board for sure.

Strangly, the FX8 as shipped double boxed for $17 and the AX8 was not double boxed and over $30. Still, I'll talk to Charlie tomorrow and proceed from there. I'm not at all concerned about FAS taking care of it.

UPS is also horrible where I live. They delivered a guitar that was luckily in a hard case because the box had a hole in it as big as a basketball and whatever ripped into the box took a fist size chunk out of the case. I watched the UPS guy run to my house and back to his truck from my kitchen window. I figured it was raining out or he heard my 3 dogs because he was petrified of them. Nope, I open the door to grab my new guitar and couldn't believe they would deliver something in that condition. Thankfully the guitar was ok.

My box had a big hole on the side. I didn't see any damage to the AX8 nor was there any moisture so I didn't mention anything.

So, now that you've tried your AX8, what do you think of it? Is it the right thing (for you) vs. an XL+?

Never had an XL+ nor would I want a rack unit. I honestly haven't formed any opinions yet because I only got to listen through two pairs of headphones tonight and a lot of it didn't sound very good. Avoid headphones. I'll get some time in the next couple of days (I hope) to run it through an Alto powered speaker and maybe an acoustic amp or something else.

I despise UPS and would never use them by choice .A guy i sold my Rhodes amp too in California sent me a video of the guy dropping off the box
ripped open and peanuts spilling all over his floor .He said what the hell and guy laughed in his face .I NEVER sent the amp with peanuts so somewhere along the road they got added . also they help shipment in Ny customs and I had someone call me from a south carolina # at 6:45 Sat morning asking what is it ,,and if its commercial .when the paper work was clear and filled .they then missed delivery and i had to compensate for that .I have many friends same horror stories ..never had Fed Ex screw me

I use amazon a lot for compuer parts, gifts etc. Anyway they have moved to USPS-And the post office has done great. Boxes are always perfect. But I guess UPS makes deals with companies...I think Sweetwater has the right idea-you have your choice of fed ex or UPS, fed ex being the default--prices are pretty much the same...from Sweetwater anyway.

Back
Top Bottom