Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 1.05 Firmware Release

Not one to post much and I didn't ever try 1.03, but my god 1.05 is just frickin great! I'm a clean fender and light breakup kinda player, and these amps just sound incredible. Love it. Great job!

As I read it, the "improvements" to the Triode Saturation Modeling were encompassed in the Preamp Hardness control .... All that was necessary was a correction to the default setting .... All of the "secret sauce" ..., just like Prego Spaghetti Sauce ..., is STILL in there !

That's how I read it too.

Special sauce. Hmmm. Very unmistakably - - special... and yet HARD to quantify or assess. There's a lot of spices going into a special sauce...

What the hell!! What am I thinking for! EAT EAT EAT! (EAT CLIFF, EAT)

Maybe I'll go Italian tonight. I wonder what amp modeling wizardry might come from meatballs.

Special sauce. Hmmm. Very unmistakably - - special... and yet HARD to quantify or assess. There's a lot of spices going into a special sauce...

What the hell!! What am I thinking for! EAT EAT EAT! (EAT CLIFF, EAT)

Maybe I'll go Italian tonight. I wonder what amp modeling wizardry might come from meatballs.
Well youve definitely made me hungry

these guys crack me up going back and forth about what the software updates entailed.... lmao

It was a simple question for Cliff, to ascertain if I should bother updating to 1.05 as I really didn't like what 1.03 did to the sound of one of my favourite amps, but I DID like the changes to it in 1.04.

There was a bit of confusion as to the nature of what 1.05 actually is, so I thought I'd ask a simple question which I thought could be answered easily and without causing a fuss.

It was a simple question for Cliff, to ascertain if I should bother updating to 1.05 as I really didn't like what 1.03 did to the sound of one of my favourite amps, but I DID like the changes to it in 1.04.

There was a bit of confusion as to the nature of what 1.05 actually is, so I thought I'd ask a simple question which I thought could be answered easily and without causing a fuss.

Since each update recently changes some but not all amps, your question is very difficult to answer accurately. We know from other threads that the AC30 amps will change in the next update because the cathode follower settings are not correct.

To answer your question, use Fractal -Bot, backup everything, update and test. In half an hour you will have your answer. If you don't like, restore.

Cliff stated (not quoted)1.05 is "basicly" the same as 1.03 also with 1.05, to set preamp hardness to 6.0 to "exactly" achieve 1.04 . So I think we can rest on the fact the preamp changes in 1.04 are there ! 1.05 is the same as 1.04 with bug fixes and an accurate preamp hardness setting of 9.2. But really does it matter? 1.05 sounds the best ever!!

Being rather new here, I don't have the past experience with FW Updates to judge - I started with Q1.01

However, I feel that progress in 1.03-1.05 is truly extraordinary. I cannot tell if it's just me getting used to the AXEFX or if this FW update is really TRANSFORMATIONAL. It feels like the later to me.

For you veterans, is 1.03-1.05 a major step forward for the product? A big leap?

It's night and day for me - all those amps (Buttery, Boutique, AC15, Verbs, Bassmans - just beautiful sounding as the distortion starts and rounds into full ... such smoothness, warmth and may be better than the "real" thing. ;)

I don't deal with the IRs, because of real cabs ... (only cab IRs are in headphones and I haven't used them hardly at all lately). So that part of the equation doesn't apply to me (just yet).

Cliff stated (not quoted)1.05 is "basicly" the same as 1.03 also with 1.05, to set preamp hardness to 6.0 to "exactly" achieve 1.04 . So I think we can rest on the fact the preamp changes in 1.04 are there ! 1.05 is the same as 1.04 with bug fixes and an accurate preamp hardness setting of 9.2. But really does it matter? 1.05 sounds the best ever!!

I've gone between 1.04 and 1.05 a couple of times now, adjusting preamp hardness... Fas Modern just feels different in 1.04. It is effortless to play and feels like it has more responsive gain. The midrange sit further back as a result of the dynamic differences.

I'll check out the next firmware when its released, but 1.04 just does something I like more.

I've gone between 1.04 and 1.05 a couple of times now, adjusting preamp hardness... Fas Modern just feels different in 1.04. It is effortless to play and feels like it has more responsive gain. The midrange sit further back as a result of the dynamic differences.

I'll check out the next firmware when its released, but 1.04 just does something I like more.

Set Preamp Hardness to 6.0 and 1.05 will be identical to 1.04.

I notice I get a hair more gain/compression with1.04 than with 1.05 and the preamp hardness set to 6.

I'll try again but I've already gone between 1.04 and 1.05 twice.

If you set Preamp Hardness to 6.0 1.05 is identical to 1.04. Identical.

c247863a47f994c4943a2239194e878f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom